Bypass MyTouch 4G slide pattern without Gmail or knowing slide pattern - possible?

whiskeypdx

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
My sister passed away awhile ago. We have been slowly going through her stuff and found her old MyTouch 4G she had.

We can't get past the slide pattern, don't know what Gmail account she signed up with (or it's password), but don't want to factory restore/hard restart it. We want to access it and try to get the pictures.

Is this possible at all? Can we do it.

Let me know. It would be a great help. We hope to back-up all her data to remember her by. Let me know. Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your sister's passing. Our sincere condolences :(

Unfortunately, in order for you to get access to a phone you need the right credentials for it. If the password for the lockscreen isn't known, the only other way to unlock it is through the Google Play Device Manager, but since you don't know which account she used or its password, then you're back to square one.

To back up data (both seeing the device's memory in a computer or using HTC's software) you still need to unlock the phone first prior to USB connection.

I believe you can legally request data from Google on her accounts, but I'm not sure if that would include password/device unlocking or just GMail contents.