Does the HTC ONE A9 have FM radio?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If it follows the same path as other HTC devices the GSM variant probabaly will and the CDMA variant will not. That might be why different sites report different things.
I dont use it on my M9 TMO branded unit but I am glad i have the option to use it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it follows the same path as other HTC devices the GSM variant probabaly will and the CDMA variant will not. That might be why different sites report different things.
I dont use it on my M9 TMO branded unit but I am glad i have the option to use it.

Thanks for that info! Which is baffling.:confused: Why would they have that difference? Does the CDMA radio take up too much space, or does it somehow interfere with FM radio?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I dont know the technical apsect of it but i do know from past devices, M7, M8 and a couple other HTC discussions about the FM radio receiver that its always been there (active or disabled by carrier aka AT&T) for GSM devices but on CDMA it wasnt.

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If you watch the verge's hands on video with the A9, there is a brief clip where he has the FM radio on the screen. Looks like it has it.

nvelez

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
HTC almost always have FM radio on their phones. Carriers (usually Verizon) sometimes ask them to disable the capability. In the past some Verizon customers have been able to download HTC's FM tuner and have regained the capability. Other 3rd party FM apps that have worked are Spirit Tuner or NextRadio n the Play Store.

All that being said, this'll only be an issue if you're getting a carrier version of the A9. If you're getting it from HTC.com it won't be held back by any carrier rules and should have the fm tuner built in.

brucebuffett

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. All my phones have always had an FM radio. I am waiting for my new A9 from HTC any day now. I went to an ATT store to check it out. To my surprise I did not see an app for the FM radio. I asked HTC about that and they said that ATT probably removed the app. So I went back the the store and had the ATT sales person to install the Nextradio app and it worked. So I feel comfortable that this should work.

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
The carrier-unlocked A9 I received from Russell Holly does have FM radio, but it only works with wired headphones. Which as a Bluetooth user is a shame.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
All devics with a FM radio reciever in them do require you to use headphones as the antenna. But most will also allow you to switch to a BT source to listen.
I did this on one of my HTC devices a few yars back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer