Which to buy -- T-mobile, AT&T or International/off contract?

rgfcpq

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I really like this phone, but am not sure which I would get if I jump on this one or wait for the next Nexus. I need a phone that will work well in Europe, and do like to stay current with the latest releases of the OS. I am currently with AT&T and am a bit worried about TMO coverage in the US. Would appreciate folks thoughts on which one to get, assuming I go down this path. Couple of questions...

Will the TMO phone work with LTE on ATT in the US? What about the reverse?
Is either the TMO or the ATT better suited for use in Europe?
Which of the HTC versions will keep me the most current with releases -- ATT, TMO, or the off-contract international version? I have to say, this has me thinking I should go with the Nexus series.

Any other thoughts on which version of the phone to go with would be appreciated!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The unlocked international version will get any updates that HTC releases first. But no LTE, so whether you want that or not is up to you.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I tell ya, I'm using the international version here and basically and am basically seeing the same speeds I get with the Nexus 4. It's REAL tempting to get a Euro one, say damn the LTE and wallow in the battery life.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And the lte myth is non existent nowadays because of the different updated chips that's getting used.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

rgfcpq

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I wondered if the new chips reduced LTE battery drain. Does anyone know who will be selling an unlocked international version?

rgfcpq

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
It would be awesome if you could eventually do a battery life comparison between the international non-LTE and the AT&T version, seeing how functionality and battery life compare.

Hest88

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This is the decision I"m trying to make too--assuming the One lives up to expectations. I'm switching from Sprint and trying to figure out AT&T or T-Mobile. Unlocked is something I'm toying with as well, but I'm unsure what I might be sacrificing in terms of speed.

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe just go w/ the carrier you'll spend the most time on. If I was gonna pay through the roof on AT&T every month, might as well have LTE. Perhaps if we're lucky, it'll be compatible w/ both AT&T's AND T-Mo' upcoming LTE (like the iPhone 5, Note 1 and 2, and Skyrocket)