Physical keyboard version?

sfang001

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I know, I know, I'm a Neanderthal. And I've tried. I really have. I'm using an Evo slab right now. And I just can't deal with the virtual keyboard. I need a physical keyboard.

Any word on whether HTC will put out a front-line slide-out? Or if anyone will in the next 6 months?

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I know, I know, I'm a Neanderthal. And I've tried. I really have. I'm using an Evo slab right now. And I just can't deal with the virtual keyboard. I need a physical keyboard.

Any word on whether HTC will put out a front-line slide-out? Or if anyone will in the next 6 months?

I haven't heard of any personally and I really do doubt it, all seems like a step back to the stone age ( ha!). If you absolutely can't live without a physical keyboard why not get one of those bluetooth ones that integrate with a case?

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
The only one I've heard about is maybe the facebook phone which would be made by HTC. Its a shame, they made really awesome sliders back in the day.

Anyone remember this gem?
htc-touch-pro-2_468.jpg

Will Rosario

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
-____-. No. Its time to move on, hardly any tech company makes flagship phones with physical keyboards anymore. I just don't understand whats the big deal, yeah physical keyboards like in the blackberry bold series felt good to use but that is in the past. we are in 2013 and everyone is used to to virtual keyboards. They are not selling, if they made one they would sell like 50 devices for the last people on earth who are still clinging on to physical keyboard phones.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I think the physical keyboard can be a nice touch on the right design. I don't feel they're totally obsolete. I often times find myself missing my Bold 9700 keyboard. But. Yeah, no. You probably won't find one in newer & upcoming devices.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

sfang001

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard of any personally and I really do doubt it, all seems like a step back to the stone age ( ha!). If you absolutely can't live without a physical keyboard why not get one of those bluetooth ones that integrate with a case?

Thanks for the constructive idea. I'll look into it.