Question Can I fill out pdf form on my tablet?

dj54321

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
I was emailed a pdf form to fill out. Rather than printing it out, I thought maybe I could fill it out on my Lenovo M8 Android 10 Chrome brower tablet.

On the right side of the pdf next to the form are 6 figures, 2 of which are writing instruments.

I don't have a stylus pen, nor do I wish to purchase one. Though I'm guessing that my tablet wouldn't accommodate one regardless.

Is there a way I can fill in the form using my tablets "keyboard"?

Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the PDF would have to be specifically created as a fillable form. If the sender had only scanned something and then converted it to a PDF, that wouldn't allow anyone to fill it out as a form. Are you able to see if that PDF is fillable on a Windows PC?

Those figures that you see on the side are probably just for annotation (i.e., writing/drawing on top of the PDF, but not actually filling out a form). The writing instrument icons indicate the style of annotation (probably pen vs highlighter), not the need for a stylus.

dj54321

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
Ok, the sender probably simply scanned the form and then converted it to a PDF like you suggested,

I don't have a computer.

Thus I'll just print out the form. Even if I was able to fill in the form on an Internet Cafe's computer, I'd opt to simply print it out for security reasons (i.e., not trusting the Internet Cafe).

Thank you for your quick and helpful reply.

Reactions: B. Diddy

dj54321

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
Actually maybe there's still hope.

I should mention that before I can get to the page I described above, the prior/original pdf page has a small blue box with writing instrument. When I click on the small blue box, it takes me to the page I described above. This latter page, which has the 6 figures I described above, also had a blue oval on the top of the page that says "Save Copy".

Does this new info indicate to you that the pdf is a fillable pdf?