What are your main reasons for getting the ONE?

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I've never understood why people get a particular phone to be "popular" and avoid certain phones because everyone else wants one. Whatever happened to wanting a phone that has the features you want?

I'm a phone junkie as many here. I was never 100% satisfied with any of my phones. Until now. I got the One three days ago, because specs-wise it looked as though someone's finally made the perfect phone. And you know what? HTC did it. This thing just doesn't have any weaknesses.

- perfect sound
- perfect display
- excellent speakers
- excellent reception
- 4G capability
- excellent build quality and choice of materials
- excellent camera
- above average battery life
- trouble free software
- it's extremely fast
- heck, it even has the best keyboard I've ever used on a phone

All my previous phones sucked in at least one of these points. The One doesn't. It works, it does so without ever slowing down, it still works when I come home in the evening. It works outside in the bright sun. It has great accessories that also just work (I have the HDMI connector, the car kit and the Bluetooth audio dongle). The whole interface is lightning fast and looks great.

So why am I keeping it? Because it's the best phone ever made. I even dare say it's the only good one.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

mcshaggin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I need a new phone. Also with rebates and such, it's cheaper than the G4. I also want the IR transmitter so I can change the channel on the tv in our breakroom. It's mounted too high and uses the closed caption.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I need a new phone. Also with rebates and such, it's cheaper than the G4. I also want the IR transmitter so I can change the channel on the tv in our breakroom. It's mounted too high and uses the closed caption.

You do realize they both have ir blasters... Just making sure

Sent from my Note 2

GB66

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Just be aware that a number of people including myself are having issues with the speaker when on calls. As soon as I enable it, the other party reports noise interference on their end. The phone may be brilliant in many respects but not being able to hold a call with the speaker-phone turned on is very poor.

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Uh oh I hadn't heard of speakerphone issues. I was going to say audio quality was my prumary reason for wanting a ONE. My only other reason is that the flimsy aluminum skin looks cool.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Uh oh I hadn't heard of speakerphone issues. I was going to say audio quality was my prumary reason for wanting a ONE. My only other reason is that the flimsy aluminum skin looks cool.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Just be aware that a number of people including myself are having issues with the speaker when on calls. As soon as I enable it, the other party reports noise interference on their end. The phone may be brilliant in many respects but not being able to hold a call with the speaker-phone turned on is very poor.

I've had no issues!

Please help trying to decide htc one or galaxy S4

Go try then when in shop, no one here has a s4 and the all opinions on here won't be your own, need to hold and use touchwizz and sense5.

For what Kenya worth I love the lcd3 screen and size of screen, and the speakers. :D

Sent from my HTC One

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have and still am and I'm on my second handset after returning the first. This is definitely an issue with the phone and one I suspect we'll be hearing about more and more as the One is rolled out fully.

BUT I would say it's more of a software issue then a hardware one so I be they could fix it with an update

Sent on my dying Evo 3D

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I really hope so as at the moment I'm at a loss as to what to do.

I hope it gets fixed too but then again i dont use speakerphone that much, but when there are times where i need to use it i would probably be mad that it doesnt work. I would think that its a flaw with senseVoice they can fix! Because they said when the microphone picks up loud ambient noise it boosts in call volume. So when you turn speaker phone on it hears that person and then amplifies it indefinitely creating bad interference? Maybe possibly except i havent experienced the issue so i could be completely wrong! Does it sound more like feedback youd get at a concert or from a regular microphone?

Acelx

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Easy... it has a nice unibody design just like the past HTC phones, Great features which i will probly use every day..

Plus its the newest thing on the market.. and idk about you all.. but i get bored easily and can never stick with one phone for more than a year

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Used devices with screens from 3.5" to 5.5" and a whole bunch in between and think 4.7" is the sweet spot. I'm currently using a Note 2 and while I do like the device quite a bit, prefer the unibody design, LCD display, dual speakers. Also don't love TouchWiz, never use the S-Pen and am intrigued by the One's camera and Zoe.

nev7

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I hope it gets fixed too but then again i dont use speakerphone that much, but when there are times where i need to use it i would probably be mad that it doesnt work. I would think that its a flaw with senseVoice they can fix! Because they said when the microphone picks up loud ambient noise it boosts in call volume. So when you turn speaker phone on it hears that person and then amplifies it indefinitely creating bad interference? Maybe possibly except i havent experienced the issue so i could be completely wrong! Does it sound more like feedback youd get at a concert or from a regular microphone?

The noise is like the phone is picking up another signal from somewhere:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez