How to remove facebook feed from gallery?

dannyspeed

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to remove the facebook feed from gallery? I would just like my own photos in my gallery and not have it filled with facebook photos.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to remove the facebook feed from gallery? I would just like my own photos in my gallery and not have it filled with facebook photos.

Is there an option in the sync settings? I would hate to think that you have to remove your Facebook account completely....

mancuk29

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Nope at present HTC are aware of it
unticking the don't sync pics doesn't remove them
I found a work around but it only stays a work around for an hour then they are back so not really worth explaining
Fingers x next update will sort it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Actually I don't mind it. It's an easy way to access mine and my fb friends photos

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Do you have to that through facebook settings? Can you post how you did it?

Accounts and sync in settings. Untick contacts. That worked for me. I think it also worked if you force stop facebook for HTC sense by going into settings then apps.

I dis read that it's not permanent though. But mine hasn't come back yet. So I'll let you guys know if it does.

Edit: they just came back. So I went back to force close it and they went away. Since my phone is rooted I froze facebook for HTC sense with titanium backup and no longer there. So it appears it's not the facebook app but facebook for HTC sense which is built into the OS.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Accounts and sync in settings. Untick contacts. That worked for me. I think it also worked if you force stop facebook for HTC sense by going into settings then apps.

I dis read that it's not permanent though. But mine hasn't come back yet. So I'll let you guys know if it does.

I have auto sync off and i often did a force stop in running apps and they still show in my gallery :(

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure I read this before, and it also worked for me: disable Facebook app (Settings -> app -> facebook -> disable), then re-enable it. Facebook still works, but won't appear in Gallery or Blinkfeed unless I re-select it in those apps.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure I read this before, and it also worked for me: disable Facebook app (Settings -> app -> facebook -> disable), then re-enable it. Facebook still works, but won't appear in Gallery or Blinkfeed unless I re-select it in those apps.

Yes. that is correct. I believe the order is disable FB, then remove the links, then re-enable. FB.