HTC one available for purchase in store today?

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty pissed.. I had to return my z10 today so I went to pick up a First as a new "rental" phone until my Dev edition shows up next week.. Spent like 2 hours earlier today setting it up at least enough to be usable for the next week. Then I see this thread.. I'm thinking **** yeah I can just take it up and exchange it for a One and then give that one to my wife when mine shows up next week. So I call up the store and ask if they have it in stock to sell... girl says "yes but we only have the 64gb.." I'm like "that's fine.. now you're sure it's the HTC One and not the first or anything right?" "she's like yes..the HTC One"

So I go in.. tell the dude what I want.. he says sure no problem.. goes in the back to get it.. this is when I say ok let me go ahead and wipe this First... Then he comes out with another first... I'm like no that's the wrong phone. So he comes back again with a One X... I'm like no... then 2 other employees try to explain to him.. and he's like never heard of it.. I'm like bro you got one on display 5 ft away...

Then he comes back out a third time with a One X + and he's like "Got it!" And I'm just looking at him like "eat a **** bro.." So long story short finally the manager goes back and comes out and says they must have sold out already as they only had 3. Me = pissed off because now I gotta set this damn first back up. Side note.. once you disable the facebook crap, the first is actually a pretty decent phone. Obviously no where near as good as the One but it's not bad.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Had a chance to finally play with one today at the boomsound store in Atlanta. Unbelievable build quality and feel in the hand. If someone holds this and the galaxy at the same time there is just no comparison. Will need to check my ATT store tomorrow, but tough to give up the unlocked and 64GB just to get it a few days early. Decisions, decisions.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Had a chance to finally play with one today at the boomsound store in Atlanta. Unbelievable build quality and feel in the hand. If someone holds this and the galaxy at the same time there is just no comparison. Will need to check my ATT store tomorrow, but tough to give up the unlocked and 64GB just to get it a few days early. Decisions, decisions.

I agree.

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
My store had the working display, and were willing to sell me the One if they had it, but they didn't get it yet. So, maybe tomorrow or early next week. I wouldn't normally trip about waiting until next Friday, *but* I realized that no one is going to be home most of the day when it's likely to be delivered and so it will wind up going back to the UPS hub, then we'll have to hassle with them to pick it up. I really hope they ship early, or I can snag one at the store.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You guys are a laugh.

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w560/ahytrek/Photoon2013-04-12at13582_zpsc64cdc08.jpg

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w560/ahytrek/Photoon2013-04-12at1358_zpsabc33957.jpg

If you want a shot of the box too I can upload that as well...

Phil, definitely not the first! I don't want anything to do with that phone haha
You know the list of "people to kill" that Steve Buscemi has in Billy Madison?

You remember now, don't you? Yeah, well I have one of those and now you're on it. You and Russ Smith. You will stay on it until (1) I find out where you live and kill you (and it will be you because I know the other guy lives across the pond and I'm not flying to England from LA) or (2) I get my own on Sprint. It'll probably be #2 because I'm too lazy to hunt people down, but I'm just letting you know up front that I now hate you.

Also, congratulations on your new phone.

Bias reduX

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Been to three att stores and one RadioShack. Two att stores had displays (one slipped information that they have them in the back) but would not sell me one.

Oh well guess ill just wait :/

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
OP, did you get the free 25gb of dropbox? I saw that as an offer for this phone as well.

I already have 50gb of dropbox, 50gb of box. Add another 25gb + 64gb dev version, I'll have more than enough storage for years lol.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Android Central Forums

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
OP, did you get the free 25gb of dropbox? I saw that as an offer for this phone as well.

I already have 50gb of drop, 50gb of box. Add another 25gb + 64gb dev version, I'll have more than enough storage for years lol.

I got 75GB of dropbox storage. 25GB from when I purchased the HTC One X almost a year ago and 50GB from purchasing a refurbished S3 off of Ebay. I'll probably loose some of it in a year but, if the HTC One is offering the same deal it won't matter.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got 75GB of dropbox storage. 25GB from when I purchased the HTC One X almost a year ago and 50GB from purchasing a refurbished S3 off of Ebay. I'll probably loose some of it in a year but, if the HTC One is offering the same deal it won't matter.

Yeah I'd love to have the extra cloud space. I still have almost 2 years left on my dropbox and I didn't see a limit on my box storage. I think I can give someone 50gb for free via referral lol.

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

I already have 50gb of dropbox, 50gb of box. Add another 25gb + 64gb dev version, I'll have more than enough storage for years lol.

Nah I didn't. Wasn't aware that was being offered.

hahaha geeze, hope the guy that sold it to me doesn't get in trouble!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Nah I didn't. Wasn't aware that was being offered.

Yeah I think you just need to download the app and either sign up or login from your phone if you already have an account.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
What kind of headphones does it come with? I was planning on buying some beats but not sure if they come with the phone already.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII
I'd pass on the beats headphones, every serious review of them gives them pretty poor scores.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

They'll probably swoop in in the middle of the night and take you away with him, they at least have proof of what you look like. Nice knowing you brah.

kinz7865

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The headphones that come with are not beats, but don't even consider beats, any music expert will tell you they are overpriced junk.