Samsung cash, Promotions, Pre-Order gotcha

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, there's a big difference between not understanding or noticing you have to use the credit all at once, and simply not liking the terms of your extra stuff. You seem to be complaining about the latter.
I simply look at it as a pre-order bonus that I can spend on accessories. I would still buy the device without it.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I simply look at it as a pre-order bonus that I can spend on accessories. I would still buy the device without it.

It's extra credit to entice you. If it doesn't, don't use it. It didn't entice me and I got a much better deal from upgrading via my carrier.

I just don't get complaining about the terms for something that's free. Nobody is tricking anyone into using the promo credit.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
That's a good point. I know in my current situation, I'm only paying around 8 bucks a month for the S22 Ultra because of the big trade-in credit (which was unheard of up to this purchase). So, even adding 10 bucks for a higher tier, in my situation, is a good deal short and long term. Then there's the tipping point of when I decide to upgrade next.

I won't hold my breath on this becoming the norm.
That $8 /mo is because you are getting a monthly bill credit for your trade in. Check your bill. If you decide to pay off the phone you will pay $8 + the bill credit times the remaining months!

Now this works for some people, but I just prefer trading with Samsung now. I used to do it directly through Verizon, and was never a problem. It's just my preference to get it all done up front without that possible extra fee hanging over my head.

Say I want or need a new phone before 3 years - if I went the Verizon route, I would have to pay all that extra money or open a new line to get a deal again.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
The only reason it works financially (forgetting any other factors) to upgrade and have to up your tier to get a promo is when they give you a ridiculous trade-in credit as they did this time around. I got $1,000 for my S20 FE, so I'm saving more on the credits than I have to pay for the $10 more per month higher tier. My bill is actually lower now than it was before I got the S22 Ultra.

Of course, there would be a tipping point at some point If I upgraded too soon and forfeited the remaining monthly credits.
Agreed, it seems like you did well to get that much for the 20FE

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
That $8 /mo is because you are getting a monthly bill credit for your trade in. Check your bill. If you decide to pay off the phone you will pay $8 + the bill credit times the remaining months!

That's why I said, "then there's the tipping point of when I decide to upgrade next."

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
That makes no sense. I've been with Verizon for over 15 years with no plan to leave. I choose to stay with Verizon, they didn't trick me.

If you don’t plan to change carriers then $1000 off even if done in bill credits at the end is still $1000 off great deal.

Thats how I got my Note 20 Ultra… AT&T gave me $1000 for my three year old Note 8 (Wi-Fi was going bad right at that time too) so I got a N20U for $300.

I’ve had AT&T as far back when my cell phone bill said Cingular lol so locking me in for 30 months makes no difference to me.

Man I just read about Samsung giving up to $1000 credit for S22U and below see they are willing to give me almost $1000 for my Note 20U. I have old iPads laying around and added that to get past $1000 but I’m better off just getting the Note trade in and Swappa the IPad for more.

Seems like these deals will be offered more regularly to make their sales numbers. I admit I’m tempted. But soon S23 Utra news will be popping up and be out by end of year and we are getting to mid year already.

Attachments

• 113DEDC2-3995-4A0E-A59E-0FDE81BAE8E0.jpg
    113DEDC2-3995-4A0E-A59E-0FDE81BAE8E0.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 25

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Now Samsung is offering $100 free memory upgrade on S22U with trade-in. So now they'll take my N20U for $950, give me the 256GB upgrade for free for $250.

This phone was just released two months ago and still the $1000 credit offers and now more storage. Sales must be slowing.

I wouldn't have gotten the 128 because I wouldn't want to be stuck with the lower RAM. I was pretty content in just waiting for the S23U news to come out and still loving my N20U but just maybe. $250 to upgrade from an N20U to S22U. hmmm....

Attachments

• Captures22.JPG
    Captures22.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

superloco831

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I just couldn't pass that deal up I already have the 512 gb phantom white s22 ultra so I am sending in a s21 ultra and an old ipad that is been laying around collecting dust the deal was just to inticiing for me I will probably end up giving to my mom for a late mother's day gift because it want be here in time
e6aabde291d665eaa80a054ce703d605.jpg

View attachment 344450

Last edited:

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh yeah, I had to read a little more carefully your original post. That's nice of you to gift it to your mom.

You're right though about getting there on time.

Samsung is so weird... The offer a 512GB and 1TB but they will never sell enough because for some odd reason they make them in small batch which means like 3 or 4 times during its production year because the wait is so looong if you are strong enough to wait.

And then colors... Black and Purple you can get all day. The exclusive colors... might as well wait for the 512 or 1TB :D. But the other colors too like White?? 3-4 week wait!! :eek:. But I don't really care... I love my Mystic White N20U they can take their time. I think I'll be bummed really when I have to part with it.

Year over year Samsung sells less S-series then the previous year... maybe one reason is their lack of stock of the ones they advertise every day?? :confused:

Sorry if I wasn't clear I was saying I already have the s22 ultra in phantom white so I ordered the sky blue because of the outstanding deal

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
Samsung is dirty. They are so deceptive. And don't know crap about their phones. I'll never buy another Samsung again. I'll go back to the cheaper versions. They have better sound/volume anyway. Samsung bites

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Samsung is dirty. They are so deceptive. And don't know crap about their phones. I'll never buy another Samsung again. I'll go back to the cheaper versions. They have better sound/volume anyway. Samsung bites

Well if you would have tried ANY of the suggestions a lot of good people gave, who took the time to try and help you on the 2 threads you started, instead of just complaining, you might have found out your "Samsung" wasn't the issue.

But since all you want to do is complain without even attempting to take any of our advice to help yourself... I definitely agree with you, dump your Samsung and buy something else.

Just don't come back here under the guise of asking for help, if all you plan to do is waste our time complaining about the new phone, unless you actually want to listen to our advice.

Nobody likes trying to help someone who just ignores their suggestions and keeps complaining... in fact that could almost be considered rude ;)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well if you would have tried ANY of the suggestions a lot of good people gave, who took the time to try and help you on the 2 threads you started, instead of just complaining, you might have found out your "Samsung" wasn't the issue.

But since all you want to do is complain without even attempting to take any of our advice to help yourself... I definitely agree with you, dump your Samsung and buy something else.

Just don't come back here under the guise of asking for help, if all you plan to do is waste our time complaining about the new phone, unless you actually want to listen to our advice.

Nobody likes trying to help someone who just ignores their suggestions and keeps complaining... in fact that could almost be considered rude ;)
Darn it, looks like I missed a show last night.