Visit site

Attachments

• Capturemds.JPG
    Capturemds.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 14

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Samsung just finished their sale up to Mother's Day and now on to sale up to Memorial. Trade-in not as high as Mother's Day ($630 vs $950 for my N20U) but I suspect trade-in will go up as Memorial get's near and maybe offer the free $100 memory upgrade like they did with their recent sale.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/reviewed/2022/05/10/samsung-early-memorial-day-deals/9709143002/

Yeah we thought about doing it a while back and I think it was a 100 plus free memory upgrade and we decided against it and then saw the 1000 again in an email with 100 accessory credit and went and asked around at a couple stores opinions on upgrading. We mainly wanted the latest and knew our 21 Ultras wouldn't be worth as much next year so for $379 apiece we both got S22 Ultras in 512. Some say not worth doing it some say for the price do it. We like to own our phones outright and got our tax check back and decided to just do it. I heard the screen and brightness is really nice on this but drains battery quicker but we'll see.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I was pretty much resigned to wait for the S23U since it was almost May already but saw the trade-in value for the N20U was at $950 AND they were giving the free upgrade to 256GB... so for $250 out of pocket for a new phone was OK with pulling the trigger.

Definitely understand your logic because I figure if I wait until next year for the S23U, my by then 3yr old N20U may only be worth $650 and assuming/using the current prices of the S22U, it would cost me $550 out of pocket if I upgraded next year. So by getting the S22U now, if they offer $1000 for my S22U to upgrade to an S23U it would cost me $200 out of pocket and with the $250 I spent last year my total out of pocket would be $450. My funny logic math lol.

I would imagine they will offer close to $1000 for your S21U if you waited until next year and kept your eye on their deals.

Honestly, it seems they will always be offering deals through out the year and they will fluctuate during the month and the $100 free 256GB upgrade they will offer. They are like car salesman... buy at the beginning of the promotion and they offer you less... $650 for a N20U and no free memory upgrade. Closer to end of month or end of Promotion like Mother's Day or Memorial, the trade-in value goes up... to $900 for the N20U and they give your the $100 credit to get their sales numbers lol.:p

Yeah we thought about doing it a while back and I think it was a 100 plus free memory upgrade and we decided against it and then saw the 1000 again in an email with 100 accessory credit and went and asked around at a couple stores opinions on upgrading. We mainly wanted the latest and knew our 21 Ultras wouldn't be worth as much next year so for $379 apiece we both got S22 Ultras in 512. Some say not worth doing it some say for the price do it. We like to own our phones outright and got our tax check back and decided to just do it. I heard the screen and brightness is really nice on this but drains battery quicker but we'll see.

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Sorta like the Verizon trade in gotcha where it sounds good on paper, but reality is you are locking into the network for 3 years for your "free phone" but if you breach that agreement and disconnect service/go to a other carrier, you will be responsible for paying the normal price equivalent to what the remaining months would have added up to, and switch plan.

I was fortunate enough that I have no intention on changing service any time soon and changing plans actually resulted in a $25 lower per month bill than what I had before the trade in. A lot of times the fine print gotcha can be of disadvantage to you, but in my case, it was actually advantageous to me.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorta like the Verizon trade in gotcha where it sounds good on paper, but reality is you are locking into the network for 3 years for your "free phone" but if you breach that agreement and disconnect service/go to a other carrier, you will be responsible for paying the normal price equivalent to what the remaining months would have added up to, and switch plan.

I was fortunate enough that I have no intention on changing service any time soon and changing plans actually resulted in a $25 lower per month bill than what I had before the trade in. A lot of times the fine print gotcha can be of disadvantage to you, but in my case, it was actually advantageous to me.
That's not a gotcha though. They tell you all this upfront before you agree.