This "phone" is EVERYTHING.

shief

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
To get your 25GB all you have to do is log in to your Dropbox with the device and you should get an email shortly after telling you your increased limit.
And about the screen protector, I personally won't be getting one. The screen just feels too good, and I'm hearing they decrease sensitivity with the buttons.

Yeah I've done that and got the email with the get started steps. The thing is, I have completed everything on the list but it still doesn't say I got an upgrade. Weird..

tigerNamedtony07

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone can help? So I installed the transfer tool in my old evo 3d. And when I go to my htc one I go to transfer content. And I select htc. Than I go open the app on my evo 3d and hit accept. The code pops up on the evo but not the one. And than the one will say after 5 minutes Cannot connect to mobile hotspot .....idk what to do

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
When the other 3 get this on 3g then holla at me lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Cool, so you live in Sprint's strongest area. Please explain to me, then, how most others average 1Mbps?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

MCGTech

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
It is cool but it also sort of sucks. For my DVR there's no guide button and no way to add it. It's the button I use most and not having it on there makes the app useless.

I read somewhere that it's also a learning remote. You should be able to duplicate any function of the original remote
Check the docs?

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I am really, really torn between One and S4. I have upgrade available on May 7th and have to decide by than. Last year I opted for One X and later wished I had gone with S3 instead. Now I might chose S4 and later be sorry I didn't pick HTC One. I don't know.

I am in exactly the same boat, same upgrade date as you. I'm hoping I can get an upgrade next week, but I dunno if att will allow me to. I got the one x last year and I was burned badly. I tried to different HOx's and both had issues. I got a GS3 after taking my HOX back and it just worked and was everything the HOX was not. I liked the new HTC One in the store and i like the idea of Zoe, but I keep seeing post about Gap issues and camera quality issues, errors that require reboots or issues with unresponsive buttons and I am scarred to get it because of all the issues i had with the One X. Meanwhile, the SG4 is going to be a great phone, but I feel underwhelmed by it looking like a bigger SG3. But I do like the 13MP camera, bigger screen and i like it being on 4.2.2 among other things. I figure i will at least wait until the SG4 is in store so i can look at one and compare them, but i just don't know either. Good luck to you in your choice, i would be interested to see what you choose. :)

shief

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I am in exactly the same boat, same upgrade date as you. I'm hoping I can get an upgrade next week, but I dunno if att will allow me to. I got the one x last year and I was burned badly. I tried to different HOx's and both had issues. I got a GS3 after taking my HOX back and it just worked and was everything the HOX was not. I liked the new HTC One in the store and i like the idea of Zoe, but I keep seeing post about Gap issues and camera quality issues, errors that require reboots or issues with unresponsive buttons and I am scarred to get it because of all the issues i had with the One X. Meanwhile, the SG4 is going to be a great phone, but I feel underwhelmed by it looking like a bigger SG3. But I do like the 13MP camera, bigger screen and i like it being on 4.2.2 among other things. I figure i will at least wait until the SG4 is in store so i can look at one and compare them, but i just don't know either. Good luck to you in your choice, i would be interested to see what you choose. :)

Your fear is legit but I guess that is only in some cases because I have none of the issues you stated. I really dig this phone the camera is pretty good on my phone as well. I think you should try it out and if you dont like it you can always return it and get the s4 when it comes out.

claustin

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the iPhone since the 4 came out on Verizon. Before that I had the original Droid, and then the Incredible. I just borked my jailbreak and had to restore so now I can't jailbreak it. I decided to use it as an excuse to try an Android phone and evaluate AT&T's service (no TMo or Sprint in my area). Battery life coming from the iP5 is great. I had to have the iPhone on the charger whenever I was near one or it would die in 6 hours. To me this battery is great. The speakers are phenomenal. The screen is fantastic. The only thing I'm hating right now is the lack of an integrated visual voicemail app. Why doesn't Android include this in the phone app? I've never been a big fan of the 3rd party VVM apps, but I guess I'll have to find one. I had originally ordered the dev edition but since it's delayed I went and picked up the AT&T 32GB model to play with. Hopefully my dev edition will ship soon and I won't have to wait when I return this in 14 days.

shief24

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I wish they took it a step further and allowed messages to be moved from select contacts in the Secure Box automatically. Or having a password for the blocked contact messages instead.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Cool, so you live in Sprint's strongest area. Please explain to me, then, how most others average 1Mbps?

I'm in Chicago bro. Sprints most lucrative and spectrum constrained market. And I gotta Gnex so if its not nv what is it???

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That... doesn't make any sense.

He said u got burned because u stated incorrectly that sprint lte avg 1mb which is by far furthest from the truth. And I proved u wrong that's all :D

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
But back on topic yeah I played with the one at the sprint store and I can honestly say I gotta hard choice to make in November lol.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
He said u got burned because u stated incorrectly that sprint lte avg 1mb which is by far furthest from the truth. And I proved u wrong that's all :D

Oh, you proved me wrong?

https://plus.google.com/u/0/114721707153992450318/posts/KwJwQZSjxSW

If you'd like, I can back this up with more posts from Phil and Andrew :)

I don't doubt the veracity of your statement, good sir, but to be honest, I think you were just lucky.

G_The_One

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I like these types of threads when a new device comes out and people are gushing over it and beside themselves with joy and warm fuzzy feelings. This is what tech is about, and kudos to HTC for making what appears to be an awesome device! Hope it get HTC back on track to the top.

tigerNamedtony07

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
My last three phones have been HTC (Evo 4g, Evo 3d and now the HTC One) The one is by far the best cell phone i have had i can honestly say. Beautiful screen ( glass made by SHARP my friend and phone seller told me), the phone is blazing fast and just so fluid, i dont think ill ever need to root / overclock.. The camera quality is beyond amazing. Rapid snap of photos is somethiing all my phones have lacked... i can now get the perfect shot and select the one I WANT... not whatever the camera gave me. The battery life is incredible! Took it home Saturday and left whatever battery life was on the phone die before i charged overnight. Woke up Sunday and used it pretty heavy, photos gps button on until i figured out how to turn off by adding a widget... music and 4g occasionally in my area... Woke up this morning without charging it (was on 15 % when i went to bed at midnight) woke up, was still alive. It is now 1% took a screenshot . now it is dead and charging fully but 23 hours on a single charge with moderately heavy use is great! And I surprise when i got into work, 4g inside my building 8 mbps down 12 up
11vqlw6.png[

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh, you proved me wrong?

https://plus.google.com/u/0/114721707153992450318/posts/KwJwQZSjxSW

If you'd like, I can back this up with more posts from Phil and Andrew :)

I don't doubt the veracity of your statement, good sir, but to be honest, I think you were just lucky.

Jacksonville FL here and here are my LTE run ins with Sprint. While the coverage isn't the best since we aren't launched its getting much better (sensorly shows nice coverage) but I'd say I always get 10+Mbit down at the minimum if not better and I'm pretty happy with that.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366641590153.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366641590153.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 69
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366641703368.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366641703368.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 73
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366641761341.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366641761341.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 70

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh.. And yeah it works to use data. This is my current stats for this month. I have 18 days left in the billing cycle.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366642174900.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366642174900.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 14

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Which practically nobody cares about. SD is slow and unreliable, the phone comes with a minimum 32 GB, and everyone is going to removable batteries which have proven they are reliable.

Why Verizon doesn't have this phone is beyond me. I'd love to replace my Note 2 with it. I'm even considering going back to the dreaded AT&T just for this phone. Not sure how people can live with T-Mobile and Sprint unless you don't travel much and have good service where you live.

I really want to like this phone and with my BB trade in it would would cost me nothing to switch (and still profit too), but reading reviews I'm not liking the limited battery life and not having the SD card option, nor the removable battery. Those are pretty much deal breakers for me. Also, how reliable is HTC as a brand?

The rest of the phone looks (sounds) amazing though. Hopefully those who are willing to give it a try have a great time using it and report back with their thoughts.

I still have 2 weeks to decide! :)