Yahoo Finance slams the HTC One

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I do agree that One is cheaply made.

Durability and cost of manufacture are two entirely different things, and you trying to link them is a bad idea. It's fairly obvious that the manufacture of the HTC One is far from cheap, it's not injection molded plastic, it's not printed glass even, it's CNC machine milled, which means a robot router has to spend a few minutes itself to cut out the excess metal from a block of aluminium. The Galaxy Nexus and S4 can probably be done with a press melting out 50 at a time.

And if you can't post pictures of the speaker grill coming off, then your argument is biased hearsay and not admissable as evidence of your argument.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Durability and cost of manufacture are two entirely different things, and you trying to link them is a bad idea. It's fairly obvious that the manufacture of the HTC One is far from cheap, it's not injection molded plastic, it's not printed glass even, it's CNC machine milled, which means a robot router has to spend a few minutes itself to cut out the excess metal from a block of aluminium. The Galaxy Nexus and S4 can probably be done with a press melting out 50 at a time.

And if you can't post pictures of the speaker grill coming off, then your argument is biased hearsay and not admissable as evidence of your argument.

Look it up, it's a well known fact that the speaker grill comes out super easily. So it's actually perfectly admissible.

Posted via Android Central App

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

I am on phone now, if you really need them I can post later. Its not hard to find though on YouTube......drop test One vs S4 and there is other review by some girl that showed poor quality of One she got in mail.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I am on phone now, if you really need them I can post later. Its not hard to find though on YouTube......drop test One vs S4 and there is other review by some girl that showed poor quality of One she got in mail.

This stuff happens with every phone. The iphone 5 was scratched in the box stories, yada yada yada. Risk of buying the first run of anything.

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

You said you saw one, like in person. We need that picture before your argument is valid. Everyone on this forum seen the drop tests, that doesn't validate the clown at Yahoo Finance saying the speaker grill came off in his pocket, that's just him making stuff up so he can get paid by Samsung.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You said you saw one, like in person. We need that picture before your argument is valid. Everyone on this forum seen the drop tests, that doesn't validate the clown at Yahoo Finance saying the speaker grill came off in his pocket, that's just him making stuff up so he can get paid by Samsung.

You talk about posting pics to validate arguments, how about posting a pic to validate that this guy gets paid by Samsung? Just because someone bashes HTC and prefers Samsung doesn't mean they're getting paid by Samsung to do it, they just abuse their power over their position to bash one side and elevate another. They're already getting paid to post their articles no matter what anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

If everyone on this forum seen that Youtube that its pretty clear that speaker grills are cheaply glued to phone and came off with first fall. At first when I wanted to get One I was under the impression that the whole phone is one piece and as it turned out later it not even close to that.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
If everyone on this forum seen that Youtube that its pretty clear that speaker grills are cheaply glued to phone and came off with first fall. At first when I wanted to get One I was under the impression that the whole phone is one piece and as it turned out later it not even close to that.

Then don't drop it and you won't have anything to worry about. Things break when they fall it happens.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Then don't drop it and you won't have anything to worry about. Things break when they fall it happens.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Its easy to say, 4 of my friends carry phones with cracked screens because they dropped their phones. I've dropped my Gnex......I dont know, maybe 10-15 times and it only has one small scratch on it. I baby N4 and its in case...hopefully it will not crack in next several days because I already sold it.

Squeeze Play

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Its easy to say, 4 of my friends carry phones with cracked screens because they dropped their phones. I've dropped my Gnex......I dont know, maybe 10-15 times and it only has one small scratch on it. I baby N4 and its in case...hopefully it will not crack in next several days because I already sold it.

It's all the luck of the draw. A few weeks ago I was intentionally trying to shatter the screen on my iPhone 5. I dropped it from shoulder height onto concrete at least ten times with damaging the screen at all. I finally had to resort to actually throwing it at the concrete to get it to shatter, and even then it took two or three attempts.

On another day, I could have probably accidentally dropped it from a height of two feet and gotten a shattered screen. It's like Vegas - ya never know.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
It's all the luck of the draw. A few weeks ago I was intentionally trying to shatter the screen on my iPhone 5. I dropped it from shoulder height onto concrete at least ten times with damaging the screen at all. I finally had to resort to actually throwing it at the concrete to get it to shatter, and even then it took two or three attempts.

On another day, I could have probably accidentally dropped it from a height of two feet and gotten a shattered screen. It's like Vegas - ya never know.

I have to ask...why would you do that? Especially since you could probably sell it? Were you making a video?

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the speaker grills are glued on? But I was reading an article on the ever shrinking bezels on phones. It goes on to say that less bezel means more stress on the screen itself. I think the article was about the Optimus G pro? and the S4 and why the Iphone has more bezel but can withstand more of a drop whereas the LG and S4 will have less I guess protection so the chances of damaging the screen is a lot greater. So God forbid I drop my One. I would rather have a speaker grill come off then a cracked screen.

Matt Bourg

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the speaker grills are glued on? But I was reading an article on the ever shrinking bezels on phones. It goes on to say that less bezel means more stress on the screen itself. I think the article was about the Optimus G pro? and the S4 and why the Iphone has more bezel but can withstand more of a drop whereas the LG and S4 will have less I guess protection so the chances of damaging the screen is a lot greater. So God forbid I drop my One. I would rather have a speaker grill come off then a cracked screen.

Yeah. I think most of us could fix a broken speaker grill. The screen might be a tad harder lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch