Camera 'EXTREMELY' poor! + Crappy Mail + Other queries

RockstarSR

May 6, 2013
Visit site
1. Got the HTC One from AT&T yesterday. Though I don't take too many pics with my phone, but i still wanted a phone which could take atleast half decent pics. And with HTC One, I'm terribly disappointed with the pics. My old iPhone 4 had much much muchhh better picture quality than One! :(
I'm surprised how this camera is compared to Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5 when iPhone 4 takes better pics than this!

I donno if I'm missing some setting, as of now I'm using the cam with all default settings (Scene mode-Normal, etc).

2. Coming from an iPhone, another most important "loss in quality" feature is mail/gmail app! I'm shocked to see how ultra crappy gmail app is on android! I can't believe that Google was not able to build a half decent mail app for android.

I was trying the Mail app of HTC and when I configured my mail as Gmail, it din't send me the push notifications. When I tried to configure as Microsoft Exchange, it kept giving me some "Please try again later" error. Also, the mails were only displaying text and no images (despite selecting 'Maximum Size' in receive mail settings), kinda reminded me of my 10 year old Sony Ericsson phone which used to display mails without any images.

3. Why can't i take pics using volume keys?!

After almost 2 days of usage, these are some of the MAJOR quirks and I hope can be solved.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
1. Got the HTC One from AT&T yesterday. Though I don't take too many pics with my phone, but i still wanted a phone which could take atleast half decent pics. And with HTC One, I'm terribly disappointed with the pics. My old iPhone 4 had much much muchhh better picture quality than One! :(
I'm surprised how this camera is compared to Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5 when iPhone 4 takes better pics than this!

I donno if I'm missing some setting, as of now I'm using the cam with all default settings (Scene mode-Normal, etc).

2. Coming from an iPhone, another most important "loss in quality" feature is mail/gmail app! I'm shocked to see how ultra crappy gmail app is on android! I can't believe that Google was not able to build a half decent mail app for android.

I was trying the Mail app of HTC and when I configured my mail as Gmail, it din't send me the push notifications. When I tried to configure as Microsoft Exchange, it kept giving me some "Please try again later" error. Also, the mails were only displaying text and no images (despite selecting 'Maximum Size' in receive mail settings), kinda reminded me of my 10 year old Sony Ericsson phone which used to display mails without any images.

After almost 2 days of usage, these are some of the MAJOR quirks and I hope can be solved.

Your doing it wrong. -Steve J.

3Fletch

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I too am coming from an Iphone 4 and I totally disagree about the camera. I believe the camera is superior to the one in the 4, it may not be as good as the very high resolution cameras out there but the images are great. Another thing I was concerned with is sending high resolution images and the ones taken with the One send just fine without reducing the file size? I will agree about the email is not as good as the one on the Iphone but it is working well with both of my email accounts.

If you remember we could not take pictures with the volume buttons on the Iphone until they did an update, that would be a good idea for HTC to look at.

Squeeze Play

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I too am coming from an Iphone 4 and I totally disagree about the camera. I believe the camera is superior to the one in the 4, it may not be as good as the very high resolution cameras out there but the images are great. Another thing I was concerned with is sending high resolution images and the ones taken with the One send just fine without reducing the file size? I will agree about the email is not as good as the one on the Iphone but it is working well with both of my email accounts.

If you remember we could not take pictures with the volume buttons on the Iphone until they did an update, that would be a good idea for HTC to look at.

My One has to resize every photo I send. Is there a setting to eliminate this?

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
Is there maybe a shipping film covering the camera lens? The photos I've seen from the One have been quite good. The camera on the iPhone 4 is not very good, so either something is not set up correctly or you have a defective unit.

Gmail for Android is FAR better than for iOS. Are you actually using the Google Gmail app or are you trying to set it up in the HTC mail app? Part of your post seems to imply it's the Gmail app, but then it sounds like you're actually using the HTC mail app.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Taken from my extremely poor HTC Ones camera :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367882473539.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367882473539.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 40

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

1) iPhones and others alike usually auto-enhance the photographs by themselves. The HTC One offers the same enhance, which you can find when you edit the photo.
2) This is an android issue I guess?
3) Not much I can say here. Maybe the reddit sub-section for HTC has something for that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87