Gmail Notification

Ted Ockels

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, need help with my email notification. I'm currently running my email through the HTC email app... which I don't like for a number of reasons. I want to use Gmail, but I wasn't smart enough to get my One to push notifications. So, I was stuck with having to open the app to refresh email. Anyone have a step by step process to get Gmail to work properly on this phone?

aaronlam

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the stock HTC Email App?

Gmail no longer pushes to any email client... Android or iPhone. They only push to their own Gmail app.

The setting in the HTC Email App is in the menu->Sync, Send & Receive. There is a choice for Peak time and off-peak time. The most you can sync is every 5min.

Ted Ockels

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the reply.

Do you have to use stock HTC email to use email on the phone? I was hoping to not use the htc email app at all and just use the gmail app directly. When I try to use gmail directly it never pushes notifications (never get blinking green light nor icon in notification bar). Does that make sense?

Ted Ockels

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
You do not have to use stock HTC Mail app. You will get proper notifications (blinking green light) using only GMail app. Just make sure you set it up to sync correctly and disable "sleep mode" under "power" settings. Also, make sure that "notifications" setting is enabled in GMail app's settings.

Awesome, found some additional settings in the app related to syncing. Appreciate the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii