I need help transferring music to my One

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an original Evo. I have over 2000 songs on it. They all work on my Evo but when I transferred to my computer almost 1200 of them won't play because I downloaded them from a weird website when I couldn't find them on a regular mp3 app. Sooooo does anyone know of any way to get all 2000 to an HTC One since I cant insert my sd card? I really want a One but will get a Galaxy S 4 before I lose 1200 songs. Oh and keep in mind I am not very electronically intelligent :)

Last edited:

rober7o

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an original Evo. I have over 2000 songs on it. They all work on my Evo but when I transferred to my computer almost 1200 of them won't play because I downloaded them from a weird website when I couldn't find them on a regular mp3 app. Sooooo does anyone know of any way to get all 2000 to an HTC One since I cant insert my sd card? I really want a One but will get a Galaxy S 4 before I lose 1200 songs. Oh and keep in mind I am not very electronically intelligent :)

Your songs are probably some weird format. try using mx player or vlc to listen to them.

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
They wont even upload to my computer so how would that get them on my One?

Any file will transfer to your computer, regardless of format, assuming you are using drag-and-drop. You should be able to hook up your EVO, drag your music folder onto your computer, and then, do the reverse onto your One. Whether they play, or not, depends on the music software, as rober7o said.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey I am here to hijack this thread. I have a chomebook with no way to put htc sync on it. I want to transfer pictures and videos from my old phone. I can't simply drag and drop and this is driving me crazy! Can I not do this? Do I need to use htc sync to add music? If no what is the work around help friends!!!!

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
HTC have a transfer app that will set up a temporary WiFi network between the One and your old phone and allow you to transfer music, video and even sms messages.

As for the weird music files, if they play on the evo then they should play on the One but only if you can get them to transfer.

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
HTC have a transfer app that will set up a temporary WiFi network between the One and your old phone and allow you to transfer music, video and even sms messages.

As for the weird music files, if they play on the evo then they should play on the One but only if you can get them to transfer.

Thank you! Do you know the name of the app?

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
To transfer files from the EVO to your computer and to transfer files from your computer to the One, you do NOT need HTC Sync Manager or any other software.

Just plug the EVO into your computer via the USB cable. The EVO will appear on your desktop as a USB drive. Open it, go to the folders where your files are on the EVO, copy them to the computer. Do the same with the One. You just plug it into the computer with the USB cable. The One will show up on your desktop. Open it, go to the folder where you want to put your music files. Copy them from the computer to the One. Done.

If your EVO or One are not showing up on your desktop, take a look at the phone's screen. There might be a message or notification asking you to confirm the connection via USB.

Regarding "strange music files" on the EVO that won't copy to your computer, you are more than likely not copying the real music file, but trying to copy some pointer file of some kind. Real music files will copy to your computer, no matter what format they are. (The only exception to this would be copy-protected files that were purchased and/or downloaded with Google Music or something like that, and that is clearly not the kind of files you have, and is outside the scope of this discussion.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez