Notification light intermittent?

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I noticed lately that my notification light doesn't always notify me when I receive a message, email, or app notification. It happens intermittently. Sometimes the light comes on, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
There is a 5 minute timout on the notification light. Maybe sometimes that time has elapsed from the notification until you looked at your phone??

czrman99

May 2, 2013
Visit site
If your phine is connected to a power cord. It won't flash for notifications. Battery status overwrites. Suxs but that's how it is.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
There is a 5 minute timout on the notification light. Maybe sometimes that time has elapsed from the notification until you looked at your phone??

Are you saying the light will only blink for 5 minutes?

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
If your phine is connected to a power cord. It won't flash for notifications. Battery status overwrites. Suxs but that's how it is.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

I'm not too sure about this one. My wife's phone was driving me crazy the other night, as she had it plugged in and it was lying face-up. The notification light was bouncing off of the ceiling! And, I mean the flashing green, not the solid red, which would indicate that it was charging. I had to turn the phone over.

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I don't like it, but I usually check it anyways every so often so it's not a big deal to me.

Thanks. You're absolutely right. I received a notification. After 5 minutes, the light stopped. It's weird that I hadn't noticed it til now. One less thing I don't have to worry about.

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
OK, so of course, MINE has to be different! I was doing some yard work, tonight. I looked at my phone, saw there was a notification. Powered it on, it said I had a new email, three minutes ago. I did nothing with this, other than power the screen down, and return to my pocket. Later, checked my phone again. Light flashing. It said I had a new email, this time two minutes ago. Again, did nothing. Finished working, checked my phone one last time. Same scenario. Went downstairs to my PC and found I had received only one email, well over an hour ago! The phone kept resetting the notification every five minutes, as though it had received a new email!

Anyone else have anything like this???