HTC one battery life

Ian Bennett

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This thread is only for battery life....post screen shots of your battery life usage....mines terrible and I wanna see if everyone else's is terrible too

Posted via Android Central App

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
9-10 hours with constant use and power saver on. So very happy with it.

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one

bhoff44

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Loving my battery life. Used it for hours this morning (screen on) and been listening to music on it all day at work (screen off). This phone seriously has amazing battery life. I just upgraded from an S2 and had to charge it 2 or 3 times a day! :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-16-16-05-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-16-16-05-39.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 73

bhoff44

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
The 6 hours thing isn't quite right either. I plugged it in for 2 minutes to upload a new mp3 mix so it reset the timer. I took it off charge at 7am this morning so its actually been 9 hours and only used 27% so far. I didnt think that would be possible with current battery technology? Will post another one tomorrow if i remember and make sure not to plug it in to my pc to download any new tracks.

bhoff44

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Click on history under power in settings and it will show you a chart of exactly when your screen was on, when your phone was active/awake etc. Its actually a pretty cool detailed feature.

jrasero23

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I went through 3 Verizon units thinking my units were defective because most people on here kept saying the battery life I was getting was "normal" but I was not getting close to what reviews and posters were getting. With 4G on, Wifi when applicable, BT off, NFC off, screen at 30%, I would wake up at 7:00 AM and unplug and get home at 7:00 PM and with light usage 40 minutes screen time I had 15%-25% left at most. Not bad, I would make it through the day but in my opinion I was barely touching the phone. Previous phones such as my iPhone 5 in similar settings I was getting through the day but with at least 40%-50% in the tank, easily making it to the next morning.

There are a few reasons why the Verizon HTC One doesn't get great battery life, one being uniquely Verizon based is the fact that Verizon removed the power saving mode for some stupid reason. The One has a 2300 mah battery but it sadly doesn't use a lithium-ion polymer battery, which makes charging a long process (hours). A number of other phone makers artificially clamp display brightness just to set a better higher bound for battery life, and for example HTC?s display auto brightness function doesn?t have as much dynamic range as the slider being actuated manually. The result is a phone that?s brighter than it needs to be a lot of the time, which is in contrast to Samsung which has a screen that is often to dim. The screen for any smartphone is the biggest battery draw but HTC's bright screen kills battery. Every minutes I saw a 1% drop in battery when the screen was in use.

In contrast my S4 with similar setting from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM I am getting through the day but have at least 60% left over, which could easily last through the next day.

I think HTC needs better screen management and switching to lithium batteries would greatly help

antheauxny

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine charges quickly as well but drains even faster. I don't have many apps installed & the one I do have installed I'm sure aren't causing the problem. They never caused an issue before in any other Android device I had.
I'd say on average I get about 5-6 hours of usage before its blinking red.

I'm hoping 4.3 improves battery life. If not, I'll either invest in some sort of juice pack or be on the market for another phone. Which would suck because the HTC One is the only phone I've been excited about having since the iPhone 4S was released (& I was only excited for that because at the time I had Sprint & always wanted to try iPhone & finally Sprint was offering it lol).

Posted via Android Central App

bhoff44

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Its funny how much variation there seems to be. Mine definitely lasts longer than that. Makes me wonder if it has something to do with the Telco's modifying the android version. Mine was bought outright so is a vanilla HTC version.

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 60

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
My htc one on GPE 4.3 rom.
many4a4u.jpg

Ten hours on an hour of screen time took 21 percent.

Sent from my HTC One

jrasero23

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I should note my former HTC One was on Verizon, had 4.2

I guessing everyone that is getting fantastic battery life is on T-Mobile or AT&T where LTE isn't around as much to suck away at the battery. Also, like I mentioned no battery saver mode makes a huge difference.

Oh, and when people say they get 4G, there is a huge difference between 4G LTE and 4G hspa+
because if your in a HSPA+ coverage it will also appear as 4G

I think the combination of not using lithium ion batteries, having screen set a little too bright to begin with, and no power saving mode for Verizon creates a poor battery situation

I was getting 14 hours, 1 hour screen time at most with 20% or less left, which is no where ne0ne's 10 hour, 1 hour screen time, with 79% left

I would like to say I got a defective HTC One, but I went through 3 of them. If you have Verizon and want decent battery avoid the HTC One. Maybe the supposed HTC One Maxx will be better.

bgpmpn191

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering what you guys think of these stats. I personally don't think it's that great just because this wasn't my normal use.
Let me know what you think or info you need to suggest anything that I could do to enhance my battery life.

Btw...
I have power saver on
I use wifi majority of the time
My screen brightness is on auto
No settings for vibrate
Volume lowered
Disabled useless apps that came pre-installed
I also have juice defender (used these settings... Juice Defender Ultimate Android App Review (Settings & Walkthrough) - YouTube)

Thanks ahead of time!

Screenshot_2013-09-24-11-43-33.jpgScreenshot_2013-09-24-11-43-33.jpg

Screenshot_2013-09-24-11-43-45.jpg

Screenshot_2013-09-24-11-44-20.jpg

Screenshot_2013-09-24-11-44-31.jpgScreenshot_2013-09-24-11-44-31.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699