Why won't my HTC One update to 4.2.2

liyangdk

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone

I recently got myself a HTC One (801S HK/Singapore version) from my holiday in China.

But it seems to not want to or can't find a 4.2.2 update when I ask it to "Search for Update". :'(
Does anyone know if the 4.2.2 have been rolled out yet or why it won't update? And if I can self do anything to force it to get 4.2.2?

Liyangdk

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings...apps...all apps..and look for Google services framework. Clear cache and data...reboot and try again. You might have to do it 10 times but it works most of the time.

Alif429

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. And the above fix doesn't work. I can only clear the date but not the cache, did this for 15 times and still no update available. My friend who also lives in Tanzania was able to update his.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Upates are rolled out in stages. Maybe the update isn't out yet for the localized version you bought?

For example, my Intl One is the Taiwan Chunghua Telecom version, and the update came out about 3-4 weeks after the UK/Germany versions got the update. Maybe even more than 4 weeks, I don't quite remember, but I just recently got the update to 4.2.2.