Facebook update broke Blinkfeed connection?

tall_geek

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi, just a quick one guys. Got an update to the Facebook app today and since then if I click on a Facebook link in blinkfeed it does nothing. Anyone else had this issue?
(Vodafone HTC One running 4.2.2 not rooted)

Posted via Android Central App From my HTC One

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I was having that issue before today's update, thinking it might be unrelated. I would click on something in my feed and it would just show a blank leading screen...but if I exited out and went back in, it would work.

Posted via Android Central App

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Just checked and I'm having the same issue, I spoke too soon earlier. When I click on a Facebook story in my feed, nothing happens.

Posted via Android Central App

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just got another update to Facebook, appears the broken link from Blinkfeed has been fixed.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

andy taylor3

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Mines been broken again for the last few days. Seems everytime the FB app is updated BlinkFeed breaks. Had another FB update this morning but still broken.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just got another update tonight that has appeared to fix it again.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

HTC_OneM8

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Try this:

1. Go to BlinkFeed - Menu - Services&Apps - make sure the Facebook app is checked - press on Facebook - choose few friends and groups

2. Go back to BlinkFeed - In the Highlights tab you will find Facebook with the small triangle - press on it to choose the friend or group that you added. Try each until one of them will get updated on the BlinkFeed main screen.

3. Go to BlinkFeed - Menu - Services&Apps - make sure the Facebook app is checked - press on Facebook - uncheck friends and groups that you had selected before.

4. Restart the phone.

5. Go to BlinkFeed - under Highlights press on Facebook - wait until FlinkFeed main page will get updated.