Help with RAM/running apps?

Marvin-13

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering how much RAM all you other One users are using. Right now I am using almost 1 gig out of 1.5.

I have Sprint and I wanted to know if Sprint ID and Sprint Zone are supposed to be running because I never use them.

Other apps I have running are:
-WhatsApp, which I am currently not using
-Yahoo Mail app (but not Gmail app)
-Maxthon Browser, which I havent used in a while and it the only one of my many downloaded browsers that is shown as running
-Music Choice app, which I havent used in weeks
-My Alarm Clock, which I use only at night as a Blackberry-Bedside-Mode-type-thing
-Twitter, which just popped up for a second and disappeared and I havent used in months
-google maps just popped up and disappeared as well
-MyMusicCloud, which I havent used in a while
-Camera360, which I just downloaded to see if it was better than the default camera (the front camera is wayyyy better) but am pretty sure i closed
-Facebook, which I havent used for about a week now
-voicemail
-google services and htc services, actually the latter just disappeared
-and lastly smart device manager

What I want to know is should all of these be running? If not, what can I stop without affecting something later on?

Thank you for any help!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Using RAM in Android isn't a bad thing unless you're experiencing performance issues. It's not really the same thing as in Windows, where it tries to use as little as possible. Android uses RAM that it doesn't "need" dynamically to support background apps, storage management, syncing, prefetching and other processes to provide a smoother experience as you switch between apps and other parts of the UI. In Android it's more accurate to think of it as you want it to use as much RAM as it can while still having enough to easily accommodate whatever you're trying to do, if that makes sense.

As far as the Sprint specific apps, I have no idea what those are, will defer to a Sprint user on that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress