Why do I keep getting asked to update the same 5-6 apps everytime I turn on my wifi?

Gareth Modeste

May 26, 2015
Visit site
updates

i keep getting notifications to update the same 5 - 6 apps every time i turn on my wifi. if i turn it off and turn it back on. it asks to be updated again. can any one help in enlightening me on the problem

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: updates

Welcome to Android Central! Which apps? Are they updating successfully? Is it through Google Play Store, or some other app store like Amazon Appstore or Galaxy Apps Store?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: updates

Apps with large file sizes, download or update files, will want to update over WiFi to save data. There is usually a preference in your PS app for how to handle large downloads. Have you ever agreed to do the updates? PS updates require approval if permissions change, and if you do not open the PS app and give concent for the new permissions the apps will not update and may give you notifications telling you the update is ready until permission is granted or the app uninstalled. Knowing what app and its source would be useful to those of us who would like to help you, also.