Question about noted email syncing issues

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello gang!

I'm due for my upgrade in June through my work. I'm upgrading from an iPhone 5 and looking to come back to android as two more years of iOS will be nothing but a really long headache. I'm looking at both a galaxy s5 and the htc one m8 and have been reading up on the pros and cons of each.

So far from what I've read and played with in the verizon store the m8 is looking to be the better choice for me but I do have one concern. I read one review on this forum of a user having email syncing issues with their phone.

If this is a semi-common occurrence this would be a HUGE downfall. At my work I rely on getting emails quickly. One of the huge downfalls I have with the iPhone is that it will occasionally go an hour or two without syncing my exchange push emails, only to sync after I have touched the phone or unlocked it. It has caused issues for me in the past. Bottom line, not acceptable.

Have many (or any) of you experienced exchange email syncing issues with this phone?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am using the stock email app with my work email account (Exchange 2010) and it works perfectly. In fact, while sitting at my desk I routinely get emails on my phone before it hits my computer. I have not had a single issue with it.

Jonnny4

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I think this has to do with the battery saver not being setup correctly for some people. If you don't play with the settings it will put data to sleep and there is now an option under wifi that will put the wifi to sleep when the screen is off, kind of like the Windows Phones do.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I also sync with Exchange and get emails immediately. In fact, I get them on the M8 faster than I do on the S5, but only by a few seconds. I have not had any issues. I can see where some may set the phone up to save battery and not realize that they are also limiting the sync function. My battery life is also great on the normal settings.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear it seems like what I heard was a more isolated incident. That does help in my decision process a little but I'm still a month off from upgrade day so anything could happen. Appreciate the feedback!

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I have had HTC phones since the HTC one x and i had major issues with that. It at least once a day would say it couldn't sync to the account and the settings were wrong but would update them unless I used WIFI. I have now had the M7 and M8 and I havent had half as many issues. Once in a blue moon, my M8 will say it can't connect and will ask me to check all the settings but it will connect using my mobile signal so really issue a big deal.

Last edited:

Jdyszel

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I am a user suffering from the email issue described. Those issues do not occur with Exchange / Microsoft 365 email. Only with SMTP.

Email from exchange come through lightning fast. As a person that just came off Iphone....performance on Exchange email seems to be equal in terms of speed. I got my email on my mobile phone before my computer on both devices.

Good luck!