HTC Backup

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
..hmmmm.. Quite flaky it seems.

I am swapping my phone due to a fault (rattle) and I did a full back up using the HTC cloud back up. I did a restore, and it restored settings from weeks ago ie. The same data I transferred from my One X to the M8. So either the backup hasn't been working apart from initially, even though it confirms it has been, or its just rubbish.

I then reset the phone again and tried to restore it again and this time it completely failed to restore, so i had even less data this time round!

Switching back to google back up from now on! :'(

Anyone else had any success/failures with it?

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
..hmmmm.. Quite flaky it seems.

I am swapping my phone due to a fault (rattle) and I did a full back up using the HTC cloud back up. I did a restore, and it restored settings from weeks ago ie. The same data I transferred from my One X to the M8. So either the backup hasn't been working apart from initially, even though it confirms it has been, or its just rubbish.

I then reset the phone again and tried to restore it again and this time it completely failed to restore, so i had even less data this time round!

Switching back to google back up from now on! :'(

Anyone else had any success/failures with it?
I used it with my HTC EVO 4G LTE and it worked great. When I got the M8 I used it to set up the phone. It restored all of my apps and settings, including wifi networks, with the exceptions of ringtone, which I had to set myself. On the old phone it would even set my wallpaper back, which didn't happen on the new phone, and since that wallpaper wasn't in the new phone, I didn't think anything about it. About a week later my old Evo wall paper appeared perfectly on the new phone. Don't know where it came from and can't find it on the phone, but pretty amazed at HTC Backup.

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Very strange.. Tried the restore on the new device, and it worked! Even after I deleted one of the backup files on drop box (>100mb file). I'm not sure if thats what did it, as that didn't help on the previous restores, but the only difference this time was that I wasn't at home so had to restore via mobile data and not wifi!

Either way, I think I'll be backing up via google, HTC and hard backups on a PC!