htc backup restore stuck

yash dixit

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
hey guys
i bought a one m8 and it came with a manufacturing defect related to the screen
so i backed up all my data and then flipkart from whom i bought the phone were ready to replace the phone did not come in time and they notified me that the pick up of my m8 will be 2 days late but i had already formatted the phone so i booted it up again and started restoring my phone again
the restoration process is stuck at 35% for like 6hrs
what to do?:':)(

Bassbiker

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I've turned off auto back up and tried a manual back up. It hangs up at 35% and only wait to stop it is to reboot.

wozbot

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm also getting this, mine gets to 56% then says failed. I suppose it's a android problem as it's not only your phones it seems to be everyone's at the moment.

Posted via Android Central App

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
There's an update due today from VZW for the M8. Any way that could be related? If it's using HTC servers and HTC is rolling out the update, it could just be an HTC issue.

Hopefully post-update it will work for you :)

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I had to return my phone and get a replacement and relied too heavily on HTC backup too.

The thing is, it worked partially once, but didn't bring over all the stuff, so I tried it again but had to wipe it for the restore to initiate. The second time round it restored even less stuff! Each time I ran a restore it would fail and restore a different backup from a different time period. Then I just switched to google backup/restore and have left it at that.

yash dixit

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I called the HTC customer care
They said that try and find it in your google account
When i did try to find it
It wasn't there. I tried to make a backup again
Still no backup created on google drive
I changed the backup account to dropbox and then i created a backup again
I could then see it there
Then as a fail safe i also installed the HTC sync manager and backed up my phone on that too.
hopefully when i get my replacement it should work

Yaakov Goodman

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
The kill and clean out Facebook worked: Thanks I have an HTC 510 Desire, that was is not doing auto-backup of photos to google+ for quite awhile.
I think there are issues with the facebook android app. I now disabled it in Apps
What was happening, I was backing up and backup would stop between 51% 52% 53% 54% 55% 56% 57% and disappear. Even though it showed it had backed up recently. The photos did not show up on google plus +.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member