Why won't my phone recognize my sd card?

Amber McLain

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
why wont my phone recognize my sd card?

I have the HTC one m8 with T-Mobile, have had it for about six months now. Pretty eh phone over all, crappy camera, crappy battery, nothing particularly awful, just irritating. and its never recognized my sd card. But It wasn't ever a problem, I still could save things and download stuff, whatever. But now I can't access any of my saved things like game progress. Some games I can, others only work when I'm not at home, like at school.

I don't do anything weird with my phone, or try to upgrade it myself. I take it out of the box and go.

I've tried everything that doesn't involve erasing all of my crap. I've removed it, restarted, the tape thing, I tried al. These things at school too and nothing.

I have no idea what to do. It worked fine less then a week ago, I updated it, and now Its basically useless for anything besides phone calls and the internet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why wont my phone recognize my sd card?

Welcome to Android Central! Wow, I don't think I've ever heard the M8 described as "eh.";)

How old is the SD card? SD cards don't last forever--they will die at some point, depending on how often they're used (i.e., how many read-write cycles), or if they're defective (SD cards are so mass-produced that defects are relatively common). They can also get corrupted, like for example if you remove the card from the phone without unmounting it first in Settings>Storage (kind of like clicking Eject before removing a USB drive from your computer).

Go to Settings>Storage, unmount the card, and remove it. Then insert it into your computer's SD card reader, and see if the computer can read it fine. If so, backup all of that data now. Then run chkdsk to look for any bad sectors. http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer