HTC One M8 text problems

Mike2105

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure that there are many of you in the same position as I am having huge problems with SMS text sending since the latest update of kit kat.
In a month and a half I've had to get EE to send seven reset texts to me to reset the text settings plus a new SIM card.
However I've just found out from a very helpful chap in EE who also has the M8 that this is in fact a global issue with some of the M8 handsets, not all. It's a software problem which HTC are working on but not committing to a timescale for.
You may get advised to do a factory reset, I've seen some in here commenting about that. DON'T!!
There is no need and you will create a load of work getting your settings back to as they were for nothing.
Switching the handset off and leaving it off for about 60 seconds seems to short things out as a short term measure.
I'm assured that HTC are currently working to fix the software problem.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You didn't really explain the issue but is funny because you didn't really have to. I have this issue and it is SO annoying. Reboots seem to be the only thing that helps and even then it can take a while for texts to start sending again. For me the issue occurs approximately once every 48 or 72 hours. Does the GPE version of this phone have this issue I wonder?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty