Retrieving contacts from an HTC One M8, how can I get them moved over?

A

AC Question

Retreiving contacts from an HTC one M8

Hey folks, long story short my (ATT)HTC One M8 is broken, it's not getting fixed and I'm switching over to a family member's (ATT) plan. The buildup to that is another story for another time. Note that I am NOT switching providers, only plan.

So here's the deal; I got a shiny new Galaxy Note 5 but ATT had to change my number. Thus, I need to tell everyone that it's changed... Buuuuuut I have no contacts, and no way getting onto the HTC phone or even plugging it into my computer, as it was a charging port/batter malfunction that killed it. Is there any way I can get my contacts? Sentimental family photos? Nah. Apps? Nah. Music? Nah. I just need my contacts. And no, I was not smart enough to use an SD card :(

Thanks, guys.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Retreiving contacts from an HTC one M8

AT&T has their own contact backup that normally is enabled by default. Plus your contacts should be backed up to your Google account unless you specified it to save else where.

Danmanmoran

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site

It does not seem to have synced with my Google account for whatever reason. Is there somewhere else I might have saved them?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Btw, welcome to AC. Did the At&t sync not work?

Go to settings>personal>accounts>At&t address book

Danmanmoran

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site

There was no sync, unfortunately. I was swapped over to a family members plan and set up as a new phone. As far as I know, there is not a link to my M8.

Thanks for the welcome, by the way. I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member