Nokia Lumia 930 wins blind camera comparison, followed by Galaxy Note 4; HTC One M9 ends up last

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
From phonearena.com

Remember the Nokia Lumia 930? Yeah, that same high-end phone Nokia announced last April, flaunting a 20MP optically stabilized PureView camera. It might have been a year since the handset made its debut, but its camera has not lost its mojo just yet. In fact, the Nokia Lumia 930 just won our blind camera comparison after collecting over 6000 votes in its favor. That's quite an achievement, we must say, knowing how capable are the cameras of its competitors.

In second place we have the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which collected a total of 5936 votes – slightly less than what the Lumia 930 got. Yup, the winning spree of Samsung's phablet was bound to end sooner or later. In case you haven't been following our blind camera comparisons, the Note 4 has proven its capabilities over and over again, winning against flagships like the iPhone 6, the LG G3, the Xperia Z3, and even against a DSLR camera.

So, what about the HTC One M9? How did its upgraded camera do? Sadly, the 20MP snapper on HTC's flagship phone didn't do too well. Its 1247 votes placed it last, trailing way behind the Galaxy S5, which finished in fifth place. Nevertheless, we'll give it another chance to prove itself. Speaking of which, our next blind camera comparison is coming sooner than you think.

Final results:

Nokia Lumia 930 – 6032 votes
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – 5936 votes
iPhone 6 Plus 4344 – votes
Google Nexus 6 3965 – votes
Samsung Galaxy S5 – 3282 votes
HTC One M9 – 1247 votes

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 930 wins our blind camera comparison, followed by Galaxy Note 4; HTC One M9 ends up

I think there is a huge difference between not selecting a photo as the best in a lineup and there being something inherently terrible about a photo. I don't see any pattern of horrible in that article. I haven't owned a HTC since the original EVO and don't regret my order after reading this article.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 930 wins our blind camera comparison, followed by Galaxy Note 4; HTC One M9 ends up

Wow that Lumia 930 is amazing. I can't wait to see what the next iteration of Lumia can bring. They are without a doubt the king of smartphone cameras and have figured out that a larger sized sensor is key.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

In or out of a side-by-side comparison there are few photos in that line-up that I'd call horrible. Some are definitely better than others.

lovenokia

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

From phonearena.com

Remember the Nokia Lumia 930? Yeah, that same high-end phone Nokia announced last April, flaunting a 20MP optically stabilized PureView camera. It might have been a year since the handset made its debut, but its camera has not lost its mojo just yet. In fact, the Nokia Lumia 930 just won our blind camera comparison after collecting over 6000 votes in its favor. That's quite an achievement, we must say, knowing how capable are the cameras of its competitors.

In second place we have the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which collected a total of 5936 votes – slightly less than what the Lumia 930 got. Yup, the winning spree of Samsung's phablet was bound to end sooner or later. In case you haven't been following our blind camera comparisons, the Note 4 has proven its capabilities over and over again, winning against flagships like the iPhone 6, the LG G3, the Xperia Z3, and even against a DSLR camera.

So, what about the HTC One M9? How did its upgraded camera do? Sadly, the 20MP snapper on HTC's flagship phone didn't do too well. Its 1247 votes placed it last, trailing way behind the Galaxy S5, which finished in fifth place. Nevertheless, we'll give it another chance to prove itself. Speaking of which, our next blind camera comparison is coming sooner than you think.

Final results:

Nokia Lumia 930 – 6032 votes
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – 5936 votes
iPhone 6 Plus 4344 – votes
Google Nexus 6 3965 – votes
Samsung Galaxy S5 – 3282 votes
HTC One M9 – 1247 votes

There is a MASSIVE difference between any of these smartphone cameras and a DSLR. Pair a low end dslr like a Nikon D3300 with a 35mm 1.8, fairly similar to the optics of a note 4, and the D3300 will destroy the note 4 by quite a margin. Smartphone cameras are nice, quick and convenient but they are not match for larger image sensors, its simple physics.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Well there are only two phones on the reviewers list that I would even think of buying. That would be the S5 and the M9. I will take HTC over Samsung any day. I don't care how good the camera is on the 930. It is still a Windows phone and I won't buy one.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Well there are only two phones on the reviewers list that I would even think of buying. That would be the S5 and the M9. I will take HTC over Samsung any day. I don't care how good the camera is on the 930. It is still a Windows phone and I won't buy one.

I will take a shot with the M9. Pun intended!!! Hahahaa! I have my wife's DSLR on the side of I need it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nice N Sticky

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site

In all honesty my Lumia 1020 destroys all of these phones, and my 1520 is nothing to laugh at either. I'm sure the S6 has an awesome camera but it's like people forget about Nokia and their history with having great cameras. 808 ring a bell to anyone?

ZeXpUS

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Nokia Camera is the best ! yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty