HTC One M9 or A9?

A

AC Question

So, currently I have the HTC One M7 and it made me fall in love with HTC. I've had it for a year and a half but I want to get a new phone just because it looks ****ty after all those drops it suffered. Anyways, I was considering to buy the Nexus 5X but USB Type-C made me change my mind. Then, I saw the A9, I really liked it but this reminded me that there's the M9 which is even a little bit cheaper and seems to be better on sheet. I want a phone that never lags, a phone that's very durable, that has a good battery and a pretty good camera; anything better than the ****ty M7 4MP camera. Things I don't care about are: display, storage and speakers (as long as it sounds normal). Updates are something I actually care enough about.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to Android Central!! Ok if you want to stay with HTC and you are only looking at those two, you will have to decide which you need more, a better camera or a better battery? M9 camera is not as good as the A9 and the A9 battery falls short of the M9 battery.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I hate touchwiz.

I was sick of waiting for HTC to come up with at least a 5.5" phone and was not thirlled woth the M9. so after my last 4-5 phones all HTC I got me a brand spankin new NOTE 4.... WOW, WHAT A PHONE !!!!!

for the first month or two-. LAG ! LAG! LAG!- a total POS.... I hate it. Iv'e owned HTC phones for over a year and they never Lagged.

anyhow-. I'm back waiting that HTC steps up and gives me what I want.

good luck-

Dom2u

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I was in the same boat. Loved my m7, but waited to pull the trigger on a new phone until i saw what the a9 was going to be like.

Decided to go with the m9. I really loved the dual speakers and figured after the updates the battery life would be much better. I felt that was worth missing out on the a9 camera. However, when I go back and play with my m7 the camera on the m9 is still an improvement in a lot of ways.

I will say I was not happy with the camera at first, and thought about returning it. However, I tested out some third party camera apps and found I could solve my issues there.

Posted via the Android Central App

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I just went from the M7 to the M9. I have zero complaints about the M9. Some things could be better but any phone you have you can say that about. As far as battery life, the M9 is better than the M7. Camera is OK but the M7 had better adjustments. I have owned HTC since the droid Eris and I think that HTC is a good manufacturer and under appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaee