Audio problems, Skype/Viber/Hangouts

Sanne Sorensen

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a really annoying problem with my One Mini... When I tried using Skype for the first time earlier today, I got connected to one of my friends - I could see and hear him, and he could see me as well, but not hear me. Later today I haven't been able to call or receive calls from anyone else on Skype.

After googling it, I can see that a lot of android users have problems with Skype, so I tried both Viber and Google Hangouts - calls can go through in both programs, BUT in Hangouts the other person cannot hear me and in Vicer neither I or the other person can hear anything :/ So I guess the problem must be something with my audio?

Can anyone help me?

Sanne Sorensen

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I use version 4.5.0.39600. Don't know if that has anything to do with it... But still weird that the audio doesn't work in the other programs either.

Posted via Android Central App

razia batory

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a really annoying problem with my One Mini... When I tried using Skype for the first time earlier today, I got connected to one of my friends - I could see and hear him, and he could see me as well, but not hear me. Later today I haven't been able to call or receive calls from anyone else on Skype.

After googling it, I can see that a lot of android users have problems with Skype, so I tried both Viber and Google Hangouts - calls can go through in both programs, BUT in Hangouts the other person cannot hear me and in Vicer neither I or the other person can hear anything :/ So I guess the problem must be something with my audio?

Can anyone help me?

maze1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
found this...

I think I've found the culprit: Google Now
There is a new option in Google Now settings / Voice / "Ok Google" Detection / From any screen
I've unchecked that and the problem seems to be gone.

I guess that with that option tuned on the microphone is permanently on waiting for you to say "ok google", so when Skype or Hangouts wants to access the microphone it conflicts...