what RUU do I need >??

Phen0mable

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm in UK and I want to flash my HTC one. Phone is unlocked from carphonewarehouse. I don't know what RUU I need to perform flash. I watched few tutorials on YT and I'm not sure which one is best for me .... Can you guys please help me or advise ? I'm also looking for specific link to appropriate RUU for my phone ..

4.3 android
5.5 htc sense
3.62.401.1 software number

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm in UK and I want to flash my HTC one. Phone is unlocked from carphonewarehouse. I don't know what RUU I need to perform flash. I watched few tutorials on YT and I'm not sure which one is best for me .... Can you guys please help me or advise ? I'm also looking for specific link to appropriate RUU for my phone ..

4.3 android
5.5 htc sense
I am not sure what code your HTC One is. After checking the bootloader for the info follow this link to find a RUU. Other than returning to a factory fresh out of the box HTC One. I don't know why you would want to RUU. This will wipe the entire phone and sd and you will have to start over. Sure you don't mean you want to flash a custom rom instead? If so, still this link One Android Development - xda-developers will get you to some roms. Check them out and for the model you have .

Phen0mable

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a stock 4.3 android unlocked. I want to wipe my phone completely and install fresh copy of the latest software.
I can check what model I have for you if you tell me how to find numbers you seek :)

Maybe insted of RUU I should ask how to flash ans whipe out my phone with stock software ??

Last edited:

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a stock 4.3 android unlocked. I want to wipe my phone completely and install fresh copy of the latest software.
I can check what model I have for you if you tell me how to find numbers you seek :)

Maybe insted of RUU I should ask how to flash ans whipe out my phone with stock software ??
With the phone turned off hold the volume down button and power button for a time (the capacitive buttons at the bottom should flash 13 times), the phone should vibrate, release the power button and continue to hold the volume button. This will take you to the bootloader screen. At the top it could say "tampered" or (its been so long since I have seen a factory bootloader I don't know what it should say). The next line down should read your model number or version such as"M7-UL" put ship S-On or something similiar. What ever the second line down from the top starts with should be your model . To reboot the phone from bootloader, use volume up and down buttons to find "reboot" and tap power button.
Have you gone to settings/ back up ,restore section and did a factory restore? This will wipe the phone completely of all data and return to factory state. This step should return you to an out of the box brand new 4.3 android
5.5 htc sense
If you have data on the phone that you want to keep you should go to the play store and download something such as Titanium back up and back up all your sd card then restor data from that. If your not concerned about loosing data dont' bother.

Phen0mable

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I did that last night. I was wondering if all deleted system files will appear again after factory reset ?? I removed few system pictures etc and want them back. I also have problems with inbox messages on facebook app and wanted to install fresh copy to be sure that non system file is missing...

my boot screan says

***LOCKED***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
RADIO-4A.21.3263.04
OpensDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.62.401.1
eMMC-boot 2013,23:06:14.0

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I did a little research on your part and can't really come up with the perfect match to your bootloader , use this link and go down thru the list and find the closes match to your M7_UL , many RUU's are also dependent on carrier specific and you haven't mentioned your carrier. There are a couple in the list with radios very close to what yours has. The link / AndroidRUU | The #1 source for Android RUU files . Pick one you think should work . make sure you have USB debug checked in the developer section of settings. On mine in the past I didn't know which was which for RUU and just downloaded various files and tried them, untill one worked. On mine if it wasn't the right one would say something with a message as to "not ready,"
"can't connect" etc. There are several RUU"s listed on that link and IF I try to send you a link to a specific download it wont copy and paste here.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Why are you wanting to RUU ?
If you had a update there may not be a RUU for it. If you are s-on you will not be able to use a RUU older than the Version of firmware you are on. I would go s-off and super cid and then you can use any RUU you like.

dcolic

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

Mamdoh Kurdi

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm in Iraq and I want to flash my HTC one. I don't know what RUU I need to perform flash. I watched few tutorials on YouTtube and I'm not sure which one is best for me .... Can you guys please help me or advise ? I'm also looking for specific link to appropriate RUU for my phone ..

4.3 android
5.5 htc sense

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Iraq and I want to flash my HTC one. I don't know what RUU I need to perform flash. I watched few tutorials on YouTtube and I'm not sure which one is best for me .... Can you guys please help me or advise ? I'm also looking for specific link to appropriate RUU for my phone ..

4.3 android
5.5 htc sense

What is your CID?
In the bootloader and in fastboot usb mode and a cmd prompt open from a folder that includes fastboot type

'fastboot oem gevar all