To root... or not to root

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
That is the question
I am starting to get tired on my One S. I want to believe that HTC will update, fixing all these dumb issues that shouldnt exist in a new (high-end) phone.

But Im very impatient. I want a phone to work right, debating if I should just Root the phone and try a ROM by some developer. The only thing holding me back is there are no stable, or finalized ROMs with no issues. So Im stuck between a rock and hard place.

Anyone else getting tired of sense 4.0? and all these other issues?

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That is the question
I am starting to get tired on my One S. I want to believe that HTC will update, fixing all these dumb issues that shouldnt exist in a new (high-end) phone.

But Im very impatient. I want a phone to work right, debating if I should just Root the phone and try a ROM by some developer. The only thing holding me back is there are no stable, or finalized ROMs with no issues. So Im stuck between a rock and hard place.

Anyone else getting tired of sense 4.0? and all these other issues?

Yes.

Yes.

And yes.

I'm also tired enough of T-Mobile I'm willing to pay a $200 dollar early termination fee.

Got the sim unlocked today, switching to ATT tomorrow.

Then I'm going to pay someone to root the One S and install Jelly Bean,

since there will be no hope of an update after leaving TMo.

:eek:

tbonn41fn

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Let me know is rooting works on HTC one s...I may want to try that..

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes.

Yes.

And yes.

I'm also tired enough of T-Mobile I'm willing to pay a $200 dollar early termination fee.

Got the sim unlocked today, switching to ATT tomorrow.

Then I'm going to pay someone to root the One S and install Jelly Bean,

since there will be no hope of an update after leaving TMo.

:eek:

well.... they have a (almost) stable ICS ROM but not Jellybean. I know they have been working on it though.

I believe some developers have already ported jellybean to the One S, but.... lots of issues. Im going to suck it up for now (considering, i cant afford that cancellation fee) and wait for a nice ROM.

Also save your money.... Rooting isnt as scary as it sounds. if you do your research, you should be fine (but im not responsible) haha

djhgdfkg

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
that is really a question, I think you do not need to root, after rooting, you will meet a lot of problems, the most obvious one is that the battery, you will find that the battery can hardly last one day.

Neutril

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem with my captivate. It got old fast. So me being semi-pro technologically smart. I rooted. Rooting I must say is the easy part. It took me a few weeks to get the man courage to install Teamhacksung ICS ROM. If you're new to Android freedom, head to xda forums. They got stuff from the S III to installing android to a game boy(exaggeration). Seriously though, idiot-proof tutorials.

P.s. I've bricked my phone twice. And I've brought her back both times, so if you mess up, retry. :)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Android Central Forums

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I rooted, and there is a few really stable roms, if you want to stick with sense Trickdroids rom is amazing, and @djhgdfhg the battery life is insane! I am too much in love with the sense camera even if Im not in love with all of sense, so I have been using MIUI official sense based rom, it is great, retains sense as the base so I keep the camera but then it has the look and feel of MIUI! And I was worried alittle at first but there is an all in one tool kit on the one s xda thread that works wonders for the noobish. Happy flashing!

Reactions: Ryandroid86

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
soo... I decided to root my phone, and I dont regret it. Im currently running Trickdroid 7.1 and all I have to say is wow. its ten times smoother than before. and I now Im running android messaging, (not sense.... which i hated) as soon as they release a more stable CM10... I will be running JB

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana