How to reboot my phone when the power button is broken?

ManDroid7

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the T-Mobile US version of this phone and I have been having problems with it. The power button broke and I can't turn it off or reboot it. Nowadays, it has become VERY laggy and slow in every area. I'm not talking about Wi-Fi or Mobile data. I have uninstalled several apps to no avail. I have enough space in storage and apparently, enough RAM. Can anyone help me please?! :-\

leit4444

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the T-Mobile US version of this phone and I have been having problems with it. The power button broke and I can't turn it off or reboot it. Nowadays, it has become VERY laggy and slow in every area. I'm not talking about Wi-Fi or Mobile data. I have uninstalled several apps to no avail. I have enough space in storage and apparently, enough RAM. Can anyone help me please?! :-\

If you install adb and fastboot from the Android SDK you can reboot or power down from your PC. Go to developer.android.com and download and run the SDK. Or let the battery drain...

ManDroid7

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
If you install adb and fastboot from the Android SDK you can reboot or power down from your PC. Go to developer.android.com and download and run the SDK. Or let the battery drain...

I will just let it drain then (the battery). Tell me, will the phone reboot again, once it's got some juice back in the battery???

ManDroid7

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
No it isn't. I actually unlocked the bootloader and in the process, my power button stopped working. Maybe it broke as I was pressing it while rebooting it. I did not get to root it.

jrrodriguezj

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
i have a nexus s and the power button is broken. but im stuck on the reboot screen to fastboot. how do i fix this problem my phones been like this for months and i miss it. any suggestions? anything will be helpful at this point, thank you

mattike

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I know this is way late on the thread, years, but in case anyone else ran into this problem like i did and is scowering the web trying to find a solution I stumbled upon one. If your htc, or really any android if you can find the right update, this will let you reboot without the buttons. find a update or app that requires a reboot. that simple. For the HTC one m8, i know the lock screen security update calls for a reboot and promts you upon install if you would like to reboot, do it. I hard reset it first, and then found this out on updates, but you can always go into app updates and unistall the lock screen update and re-update it. How you get to the list of updates, go to play store, then click the menu and tap my apps & games, i scrolled down the list til i found HTC Lock Screen, clicked uninstall. it uninstalled, then asked if wanted to reboot, click yes, then it reboots. you can go back to the update and reinstall it, probably with another restart. its a little complicated i guess but its a work around. If you dont have a HTC maybe a google search will help you find a app or udate that requires a restart. let me know if this helped anyone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty