I've got an HTC One X, you have questions ... FIRE AWAY!

Denashi

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
A few questions I have:

1. Can you put applications in folders on the app drawer menu?

Yes

2. Can you re-arrange the applications in the app drawer menu by dragging them to arrange however you want?

No, there is the option to sort them alphabetically or according to installation-date (newest to oldest or vice versa).

3. How is the native HTC browser? Did you download any 3rd party apps to replace the browser such as Opera?

It's ok, it needs a bit of tweaking though.

4. Are the black and white versions of the X One made of the same materials? Do both colors have the same build quality and feel the same?

Don't know as I've only used the white one.

5. Have you noticed the phone heating up at all when using it? Does the back get hot at all?

As with most smartphones it can get very hot, especially around the camera, it hasn't been a problem performance-wise on my phone yet, though.

6. When holding the phone, and pressing around the phones hardware, do you hear any creeks, cracks, or odd noises that make the device feel cheap?

Not at all, it feels extremely solid! No creaking or cracking noises whatsoever.

6 ii. If you press down on the screen do you hear sort of a cracking noise? Does it feel cheap?

Again, nope.

The last two questions I have because my Sensation had hardware issues, and since then, I've been iffy about how good the hardware is on HTC products.

Well, it's a brand new device and as with all other new devices it does have a few issues, though I don't believe it's the hardware, that's to blame, so much as the software and firmware and that seems to be fixable (hopefully they'll send out an OTA update soon!).

Thank you.

Denashi

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I believe it has to do with Sense... it tends to load for a while sometimes after exiting an app. I'm currently using ADW Launcher and it doesn't seem to have this particular problem.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for taking/answering everyone's questions Phil. It looks like the Rogers version here in Canada will be the same as the AT&T in the States, however, it's available for pre-order here already. Does that mean us here in the Great White North will get the X goodness before the US?

1) I want to see what the NA X can do re: battery power, processor power/capabilities etc instead of seeing all the reviews of the European model. In my opinion, any information about battery and processor power is irrelevant because of the dual vs quad core differences.

3) I'm trying find some reviews on the NA X, but can't find any, do you know of any?

2) Also, I'm concerned with what LTE will do to battery life.

What's your take on this?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for taking/answering everyone's questions Phil. It looks like the Rogers version here in Canada will be the same as the AT&T in the States, however, it's available for pre-order here already.

I want to see what the NA X can do re: battery power, processor power/capabilities etc instead of seeing all the reviews of the European model. In my opinion, any information about battery and processor power is irrelevant because of the dual vs quad core differences. I'm trying find some reviews on the NA X, but can't find any.

What's your take on this?

Thanks.

Can't speak to what LTE's gonna do to battery until I get to use it, but so far I've been nothing but impressed.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Is it the best phone you've ever used ??
It's right up there.
Any bad points about sense or the phone overall ??
Only a few small niggles. I miss being able to long-press an app from the app drawer and go right to the app info to clear cache. (But that's a small thing.)
How's the battery life ??
Excellent.
How's it feel when typing in landscape is it too big ??
Same as a GNex. And, yes, it's big.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
A lot of this is answered in our Sense 4 Guide. But here you go.

A few questions I have:

1. Can you put applications in folders on the app drawer menu?
Yes.

2. Can you re-arrange the applications in the app drawer menu by dragging them to arrange however you want?
Yes.
3. How is the native HTC browser? Did you download any 3rd party apps to replace the browser such as Opera?
It's very good. Better than the stock ICS browser. And, yes, you can install other browsers, just like on any other Android phone.

4. Are the black and white versions of the X One made of the same materials? Do both colors have the same build quality and feel the same?
They're the same in every way.

5. Have you noticed the phone heating up at all when using it? Does the back get hot at all?
We covered this in our One X review, but, yes. It can get hot, depending on what it's chewing on.

6. When holding the phone, and pressing around the phones hardware, do you hear any creeks, cracks, or odd noises that make the device feel cheap?
None at all.

6 ii. If you press down on the screen do you hear sort of a cracking noise? Does it feel cheap?
Again, none at all.

G_The_One

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Two questions from me:

1. How may tabs are supported by the browser? The max?

2. Which colour variant is better to have, considering this will be for two years? White or Grey?

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Two questions from me:

Going to commit the sin of answering a question with a question: Why not use the Chrome beta?

2. Which colour variant is better to have, considering this will be for two years? White or Grey?

lol. No way to answer that after just a few weeks.

xonex

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Two questions from me:

Stock browser allows 6 tabs Max.
I have played with both and I think the grey will look better with age but I'm coming from a white iPhone and a white gs2 so i could just be bored of the white.

Reactions: G_The_One

ifellasleep

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
phil, I have a Samsung s 2 skyrocket for att, I want to know is handling the the phone much worse then handling a 4.5 inch phone. Still trying to do some research to see if it may to much to handle.

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
phil, I have a Samsung s 2 skyrocket for att, I want to know is handling the the phone much worse then handling a 4.5 inch phone. Still trying to do some research to see if it may to much to handle.

I have found the HTC Titan the closest in size. Go to your local ATT store and feel that one.