Just got a One X in USA. Impressions/hands-on

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Did you pick matte over white? If so, why? I'm looking at cases for GN right now and it's between the same choices lol

Honestly I wanted white at first. But expansys had the grey in stock Tuesday so I wanted one quickly. Grew to love the grey as I knew I ordered that one. Both look very nice though!

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You might want to go to an ATT store to setup your data connection/ put you in appropriate plan( Apparently, att has different names/plans internally for iphones/ non iphone smartphones. I don't know the details . But if you go to them they can set it up for you )

I am waiting for the white version to come in stock. Wondering if I might as well wait to see how the att version is !

1. What firmware version is your phone in ? In xda forums , there is a discussion about ota 1.28.xx . Have you got that ?
2. How is battery life ? some usage statistics would be also be helpful! Enjoy your one X :cool:

I have firmware 1.26

Not sure about battery. I'll know more after I have a day or two to use it. Pretty much came with 30% charged so I've been charging most of the night

xonex

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have firmware 1.26

Not sure about battery. I'll know more after I have a day or two to use it. Pretty much came with 30% charged so I've been charging most of the night

Post your battery results in the battery thread.:D
I'm delighted with the power consumption,especially whilst its sleeping.

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Got a grey One X yesterday from Expansys. Overnight is cheap and easy with them. Anyway, on to the phone. My previous phones since November were a Galaxy Note, before that the GNex, iPhone 4S, RAZR, Rezound, etc....
Soooo After 1/2 day with the One X, I'm really impressed.
I'm in the USA and I had the option to select AT&T during the set up. So I got onto the ATT network very easy.
Sense 4.0 is very well done. The speed and snappiness of the phone is awesome. It's quicker than any of my previous phones.
The screen is amazing. It looks lke the images are on top of the glass. Great outside at my sons baseball game last night. Best display I have ever seen on a phone.
The headset volume is perfect and clear. Speaker is loud and clear. I haven't tried Beats Audio yet with headphones.
The camera is very good. It's the fastest camera I have used on a phone. The photos both indoors and out, are as good as I've seen on a phone.
The Build quality of the phone is tight. Looks like the old HTC. But this phone is light, but strong. Very well build. Maybe a little slick, but I have to get a better feel for it.
Battery thus far seems good, I started with 80%, used the crap out of it from 2pm to 9:30pm and had 20% left. So 60% in 7 1/2 hours of solid use is good for me as I am thinking I will get about 12 hours. But, for me I am on the go from 4:30am until 8pm most days. Only my Galaxy Note would get me through those long days. I have the ability to plug in most of the time, so it's not a major deal breaker if I can't get more than 12.

Overall I am in love with his phone. Well done HTC

Last edited:

bujin422

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Got a grey One X yesterday from Expansys. Overnight is cheap and easy with them. Anyway, on to the phone. My previous phones since November were a Galaxy Note, before that the GNex, iPhone 4S, RAZR, Rezound, etc....
Soooo After 1/2 day with the One X, I'm really impressed.
I'm in the USA and I had the option to select AT&T during the set up. So I got onto the ATT network very easy.
Sense 4.0 is very well done. The speed and snappiness of the phone is awesome. It's quicker than any of my previous phones.
The screen is amazing. It looks lke the images are on top of the glass. Great outside at my sons baseball game last night. Best display I have ever seen on a phone.
The headset volume is perfect and clear. Speaker is loud and clear. I haven't tried Beats Audio yet with headphones.
The camera is very good. It's the fastest camera I have used on a phone. The photos both indoors and out, are as good as I've seen on a phone.
The Build quality of the phone is tight. Looks like the old HTC. But this phone is light, but strong. Very well build. Maybe a little slick, but I have to get a better feel for it.
Battery thus far seems good, I started with 80%, used the crap out of it from 2pm to 9:30pm and had 20% left. So 60% in 7 1/2 hours of solid use is good for me as I am thinking I will get about 12 hours. But, for me I am on the go from 4:30am until 8pm most days. Only my Galaxy Note would get me through those long days. I have the ability to plug in most of the time, so it's not a major deal breaker if I can't get more than 12.

Overall I am in love with his phone. Well done HTC
Hi John,

You said you got the choice to select AT&T during setup, you didn't have to do a custom APN, as had to be done with the GNote?

Thanks

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If the international model was LTE it would be mine now. However, I will wait for the LTE version to buy, I'm a little surprised that some people don't care about LTE. Personally I will never buy a phone again that is not LTE.

Hurry up ATT get your little Nokia WP7 part done and over with I know they paid you a lot to hype the phone, but I'm waiting on this phone and want it now lol.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If the international model was LTE it would be mine now. However, I will wait for the LTE version to buy, I'm a little surprised that some people don't care about LTE. Personally I will never buy a phone again that is not LTE.

Hurry up ATT get your little Nokia WP7 part done and over with I know they paid you a lot to hype the phone, but I'm waiting on this phone and want it now lol.

Find the international One XL, then. It's the AT&T One X without the AT&T branding and bloat.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm one that doesn't care too much for lte, nice option to have but i wouldn't take advantage of it for streaming music/video or even Skype type of services cuz i don't use them. Sad huh lol. Hspa+ is plenty fast for me.

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I received mine from expansys as well and have already rooted and loaded a custom rom. My recent phones are 4s, gnexus, maxx, rezound, etc. I'm still a verizon customer so I opted to try straight talk unlimited plan for $50 since I had read good things about it.
The phone itself is a beauty and is well built. Screen is gorgeous and is probably the best I've seen next to new ipad. I noticed some stuttering on the stock rom and this still exists in the custom one I'm running now. Too early to tell about battery as I was going thru the bootloader unlock and root process. Hopefully that 128xxx rom will drop soon.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Cdd please do tell more. I am also a Verizon subscriber, but would like to learn more about this $50 plan you have running your new One X ?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I looked up straight talk. So its through Walmart ? $45 for unlimited data + unlimited minutes. That is better than half price if Verizon.

And is it automatically ATT network ?

I would by the One X to use in that type of plan.

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I looked up straight talk. So its through Walmart ? $45 for unlimited data + unlimited minutes. That is better than half price if Verizon.

And is it automatically ATT network ?

I would by the One X to use in that type of plan.

I ordered a micro sim direct from straight talk website. You have to set the apn for data and mms, but speeds are typical AT&T for Denver so all seems well. There are a lot of people using it in iPhone's and other devices and it seems to be 95% of AT&Ts typical coverage. It doesn't work on lte, but there is no AT&T lte here anyways so it seems like a good deal.