Visual voicemail

Genetic

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
You should not need the update... Try giving AT&T a call and making sure your visual voicemail is set up correctly on their end. I had to do that.

im going to ask the same question as medicth. which department would i need to talk to to set this up? and wont they know i sideloaded the app since its not available for the one x?

Any idea which department you talked to? I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with ATT cust service, this agent obviously had no idea what to do. She said that it was provisioned correctly.
When I downloaded the VVM from XDA, and installed it, it just sits there and says updating account after I setup my password, it never goes past that screen. :mad:

make sure wifi is off when setting up VVM, mine wouldnt complete the setup until i disabled wifi.

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Yep, WiFi has to be off.

I called 611 from my cell phone. One of the people I spoke with had ZERO idea of what to do, he asked me if my phone had cracks on it after 45 minutes of troubleshooting. I hung up. The next person I spoke with solved my problem in 3 minutes, was very knowledgable. I think it's just luck of the draw - if you get a dummy, just call back.

AT&T had no issues with me using the app, they didn't walk me through the app or anything, they just needed to enable VVM on my account, and then the app worked just fine.

timhobbs

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Yep, WiFi has to be off.

I called 611 from my cell phone. One of the people I spoke with had ZERO idea of what to do, he asked me if my phone had cracks on it after 45 minutes of troubleshooting. I hung up. The next person I spoke with solved my problem in 3 minutes, was very knowledgable. I think it's just luck of the draw - if you get a dummy, just call back.

AT&T had no issues with me using the app, they didn't walk me through the app or anything, they just needed to enable VVM on my account, and then the app worked just fine.

Do you know if there is a difference in what they have to provision. Iknow the last person I talked to kept saying att messages, when I would ask about VVM, though she said VVm was provisioned.

I turned wifi off and not it keeps telling me after I enter my password, that i must create a password, even though I just entered it, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and using different passwords.

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you tell AT&T to remove AT&T Messages provisioning from your account. It's a separate way to do VVM, and it really sucks. They can remove it.

Reactions: timhobbs

timhobbs

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you tell AT&T to remove AT&T Messages provisioning from your account. It's a separate way to do VVM, and it really sucks. They can remove it.

This worked this time, Thanks. Asked them to remove ATT messages, and provision VVM. Then I reinstalled VVM app from XDA. I had to re-setup old style call in voicemail first, then setup VVM using same password. Works perfect.

This rep was much more knowledgeable, fixed it in 3 minutes.

Genetic

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
if i didnt have VVM on my account would the app still work? i figured since i was able to set it up on the phone that i did have it enabled. im still getting notifications to dial in for voice mails though (and they arent showing up through VVM app)

i might have to give them a call anyway,

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
This worked this time, Thanks. Asked them to remove ATT messages, and provision VVM. Then I reinstalled VVM app from XDA. I had to re-setup old style call in voicemail first, then setup VVM using same password. Works perfect.

This rep was much more knowledgeable, fixed it in 3 minutes.

Great, glad it finally worked out for you. Yup, the reps are either really good... or really "new."

if i didnt have VVM on my account would the app still work? i figured since i was able to set it up on the phone that i did have it enabled. im still getting notifications to dial in for voice mails though (and they arent showing up through VVM app)

i might have to give them a call anyway,

I think you should give AT&T a call, they need to do something on their end to enable VVM, especially if you didn't have VVM on your previous phone. Try calling 611 from your phone until you reach someone smart in the voicemail help section.

On a related note...coming from an iPhone...how do I set up voicemail in general?

You should be able to just hold 1 on your dial-pad under the phone app, and it will take you through the setup process. However, if that doesn't work, call 611 and ask them to help.

Genetic

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I think you should give AT&T a call, they need to do something on their end to enable VVM, especially if you didn't have VVM on your previous phone. Try calling 611 from your phone until you reach someone smart in the voicemail help section.

my previous phone was an iphone, so shouldnt VVM already be enabled? i will call tomorrow and report back. hopefully i speak to someone who knows what they are doing. thanks

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
my previous phone was an iphone, so shouldnt VVM already be enabled? i will call tomorrow and report back. hopefully i speak to someone who knows what they are doing. thanks

Sometimes, when transferring the plan over to the new phone, they screw up and leave stuff off. Happened to a few people out there on different message boards.

Genetic

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
just an update. i never had to call AT&T as it randomly started working yesterday. but now it seems only about half of the voicemails i get go to the VVM app, the rest are just giving a notification to dial in. maybe the app needs an update....

edit: by the way, i just read a post over at xda from a poster saying he spoke to AT&T and the VVM app will officially support the one x on may 28th. good news!

Last edited:

broseph23

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
just an update. i never had to call AT&T as it randomly started working yesterday. but now it seems only about half of the voicemails i get go to the VVM app, the rest are just giving a notification to dial in. maybe the app needs an update....

edit: by the way, i just read a post over at xda from a poster saying he spoke to AT&T and the VVM app will officially support the one x on may 28th. good news!

Yep that was me!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

bszucs

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I also spent time with the ATT rep and had to have my provisions updated - coming over from iPhone. And works great with one big caveat...it won't pull the messages if connected to wifi! I get the normal VM notification, have to turn-off wifi and then it will update.

I was told by the ATT rep that it was just the way the phone worked...find that hard to believe.

Anyone else having this issue?

broseph23

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
They come in if you're connected to WiFi. They'll just take 3-6 minutes to do so. It actually downloads over cellular not WiFi even if connected to WiFi

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering this too and was shocked to see it wasn't available. Was a little upset at first. I followed the link that neocryte gave us and downloaded the apk and then emailed it, installed it on my phone and it worked.

It wouldn't let me record a greeting however, so I continued looking in that forum and on page 8 user Note_E posted an updated apk. This one works flawlessly.

Thanks for all the help!

Reactions: neocryte

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Google Voice truly is your answer. There is a light version that is just visual voicemail, the provisioning process that says it doesn't work does work. The translation feature is awesome as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non