Best replacement text messaging apps.

dondabomb523

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I am new to the forum and glad to be here. I have learned some valuable info about my HOX from your post and I'm very grateful. Coming from an iPhone 4s, I am excited about my HOX. I haven't been able to put it down since I got it. Loving the customization options and the endless things I can do to my phone. It feels good to no longer be limited.

Anyone have any good replacement text messaging apps suggestions. The stock one is fine but wanted to see what other options I have. (It feels good to have options LOL) I have heard about Go Pro and Handacent (hope I spelled it right). What are your thoughts? Thanks in advanced for your help!

Reactions: jcochran1977

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Go sms pro is nice as long as you save it on your phone, not sd card. If its on your sd card it will take time to load upon a reboot. Awesome though

sent from my SCH-I510 using tapatalk

Reactions: oldskoolsc

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Go SMS is the best one

I just got it today and the different themes are amazing and there are even options to hand write messages which can be useful at times.

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Google voice. Love being able to continue conversations between my desktop, one x, and iPad. Have to get everyone used to your new google voice number though. Changed 2 years ago, and now I don't even give out my "real" number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
One of the main things is the whole customization that you can do with the third party apps. You can change every aspect. Background, color of text, bubble style and much more . There is more to the customization aspect of it but usually that's the main advantage over stock.

Sent from my HTC One X

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I have seen talk of people changing the mms size settings on the custom roms specifically to better mms iphone users. I did not pay close attention as I use google voice. Insofar as SMS replacement apps, google voice saves me $30/month by not having to pay for texting at all. Best feature on any SMS app :). There are quirks, like no MMS and the whole new phone number thing, but the savings make up for it.

That said, GoSMS, Handcent and the AOSP Messaging app are all pretty good. Handcent and GoSMS have popup support, which is a love or hate thing and have themes that can be applied to change their look.

cosmith71

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Yow do you get GoSMS to turn on the screen and show an incoming message? It just turns on the screen for me. It doesn't show the message unless I unlock.

--C

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I use GoSMS Pro for regular texts, but I would also like to chime in with WhatsApp for bypassing regular text usage (if you have monthly limits). It requires the other person you are texting to have it, but it is a great program, pretty much all my contacts have it, so I don't think about my text usage.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Why whatsapp, when every android phone comes with Google talk?
Even iphone has apps for Google Talk.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I actually like the stock app, but I used to use Go SMS and Handcent. Both are nice apps.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member