Anyone else find there phone calling 911 while in their pocket?

rp014789

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had my phone dial 911 thru the emergency dial while in my pocket 2 times since I have had it. I got the phone in May, my inspire never had that issue. I did have the face recognition unlock feature on I changed it to just pattern to see if that helps but I don't know why it keeps doing that. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone else find there phone calling 911 while in their pocke

By the way, what is this emergency dial you speak of?
I can't find any setting for that.

rp014789

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
When the phone is locked and the lock screen comes on down at the bottom it says emergency call it I thought would prompt for you to dial 911 after you hit emergency call either it dials 911 as soon as you hit emergency call or the screen is so sensitive it is coming on on my pocket and then the emergency tab is triggered and dials 911. My phone reboots in my pocket a lot also there must be something wrong with the proximity sensor it is supposed to know when it is in your pocket.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like your pocket is so shallow that you are turning the phone on when you push it down into your pocket.

Dk you have a case on the phone? Some cases that have rubber buttons positioned over the power and volume buttons make those buttons too easy to trigger. Try without the case for a while.

Sent from my HOX

rp014789

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone else find there phone calling 911 while in their pocke

No case I think the phone has some issues, it dies every few days now and won't come back on for awhile, it is getting more frequent and when I plug it in to the computer while is it is dead it says to install hardware for QHSUB_DLOAD I am going to back everything up once it comes back on (it is dead while I type this) and exchange it. I think it overheats and some of the internals maybe going out from the heat.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
No case I think the phone has some issues, it dies every few days now and won't come back on for awhile, it is getting more frequent and when I plug it in to the computer while is it is dead it says to install hardware for QHSUB_DLOAD I am going to back everything up once it comes back on (it is dead while I type this) and exchange it. I think it overheats and some of the internals maybe going out from the heat.

Why are you plugging it into a computer? And what does a missing driver on the computer have to do with your pocket dial?

It can't dial if its sleeping. You have to be awakening it somehow.

Sent from my HOX

BigTex

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had this happen twice. Thinking the case is the culprit.

Beej11

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I got an HTC One in May. It is an AT&T locked version. About two weeks ago, it started dialing 911 on its own. First I thought it must be turning on in my pocket and then my pocket hitting the "Emergency Call" bar on the unlock screen. Today, phone was on my desk, nothing touching it, it rebooted on it's own, then immediately dialed 911, also on it's own. It must reboot 4-5 times a day, which is totally annoying, but does not always call 911 when rebooting. Less frequently, it will totally turn off and not back on. I have a Mophie case on it so next will see if it keeps up this strange behavior without the Mophie. The 911 dispatchers are becoming annoyed and so am I. Is there anyway to disable the "Emergency Call" bar on the unlock screen?

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you got a rogue app or some weird bad flash of the os
Ok seems that this is a common problem call htc they did have some production issues it may be some bad circuit board hmm call htc dont worry about at&t seriously call them
Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Rachel Yuuki

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Me too! Today in my pocket my phone called 911 5 times!! Before it had happened twice. I just don't know why!?!? Is it bad that I didn't answer the 911 callbacks?