Noob question: unlock HOX for tmobile.

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
You can unlock it by buying a $3 unlock code off of ebay, or spending more using various other unlocking sites. You will need a micro-sim card. If you are on contract with T-mobile, go to a store and ask them for a free micro-sim. If you are off-contract, they charge you up the rear for $20. Alternatively, you can buy a $3 micro-sim cutter off ebay as well. Make sure its a US seller and not a hong kong seller as those take like 2 weeks to arrive.

Of course, the most important thing to realize is, YOU WILL NOT GET 3G OR 4G ON T-MOBILE! The One X from AT&T does not have the proper radio to use T-mobile's data network. You can still make phone calls, and use the super-slow 2G EDGE network, but pretty much impossible to surf the web on EDGE.

If you don't have a data plan and don't plan to get one, go One X why not.

puffski

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
There is also an app on Android app market called unlock unit that unlocks all types of android phones including blackberries as well. It's 13 dollars and you get the code emailed to you within 5-20 minutes! Best unlock app I've used for Android so far.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Chipras3

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
There is also an app on Android app market called unlock unit that unlocks all types of android phones including blackberries as well. It's 13 dollars and you get the code emailed to you within 5-20 minutes! Best unlock app I've used for Android so far.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Did this work for you on your One X? I've got a One X+ that ATT won't give me a code for. I'm hoping another solution like UnlockUnit might help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer