Just joined ATT yesterday

bobby james

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got the ONe X yesterday. I had the Evo 4G LTE with sprint but could barely ever get a signal anywhere I went. It was so bad I would have multiple voicemails sometimes when I walked out of my front door. Got fed up and got the One X yesterday. A few questions though:

1. Does ATT offer visual voicemail?

2. Is there a way to get the HTC flashlight from the HTC hub? Had it on the evo lte and it is the best flashlight app to me.

3. Is there an app that will let me view my data usage? I know verizon has one on their phones

Thanks to anyone that can help me out with any of these questions

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to a decent Network with a Customer Service dep't that only cares for you if you have a 1 year or less contract.. lol. anyway! (Im kidding their pretty good tbh)

- ATT Offer's Visual voicemail, but dont use it.. I believe they charge for it. Try Google Voice! I have it setup and my regular phone number uses the visual voicemail from it (free), and you can read the transcript as well as listen to it on your computer.. Plus with Chrome you can download a notification thing for it...

- The Flashlight, im actually unsure of.. why not just grab one from GooglePlay just incase you no longer use an HTC Phone in the future?

- To view your usage go to:
Settings > More (under "Mobile Network") > Usage

In Usage you can even have it alert you if you hit a certain amount of data, and cut your data off after a certain amount.. (I have unlimited but ihave it alert me at 4GB's it freezes my data at 10 lol - which I've never reached/the 4 i have)

Enjoy Mate :p

Reactions: bobby james

bobby james

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'll try google voice out. I meant more of a widget for the data usage though. Something I can easily see on the home screen

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking of joining AT&t from Verizon. I have unlimited data with Verizon for now until I upgrade. I want the One x super bad it looks like a awesome phone. Anyway how is AT&t's signel compared to Verizon?

Is there customer service bad? Are they willing to help you? Also when you get a bad device do they send out a refurb? Thanks if you can or can't answer these questions.

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking of joining AT&t from Verizon. I have unlimited data with Verizon for now until I upgrade. I want the One x super bad it looks like a awesome phone. Anyway how is AT&t's signel compared to Verizon?

Is there customer service bad? Are they willing to help you? Also when you get a bad device do they send out a refurb? Thanks if you can or can't answer these questions.

i dont think this is the right thread to post those questions. But on a short note:
Service- Pend's on your area, here on LongIsland, NY.. They're very,VERY Close.. Sometimes I have service where she doesnt(ATT) sometimes my gf (VZW) has service where I dont..

As for Cust Service.. I've had nothing but great dealings with them. But i've been with them since Cingular.

And.. Last.. If the phone is within the warrantee than they will send you a replacement and when you recieve it, you send the old one back (no loaner phone, takes 3-4 business days)

definitelyian

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to a decent Network with a Customer Service dep't that only cares for you if you have a 1 year or less contract.. lol. anyway! (Im kidding their pretty good tbh)

- ATT Offer's Visual voicemail, but dont use it.. I believe they charge for it. Try Google Voice! I have it setup and my regular phone number uses the visual voicemail from it (free), and you can read the transcript as well as listen to it on your computer.. Plus with Chrome you can download a notification thing for it...

- The Flashlight, im actually unsure of.. why not just grab one from GooglePlay just incase you no longer use an HTC Phone in the future?

- To view your usage go to:
Settings > More (under "Mobile Network") > Usage

In Usage you can even have it alert you if you hit a certain amount of data, and cut your data off after a certain amount.. (I have unlimited but ihave it alert me at 4GB's it freezes my data at 10 lol - which I've never reached/the 4 i have)

Enjoy Mate :p

Visual Voicemail is free on AT&T and work rather well. As for data usage, you can go to your phone dialer and hit *DATA# and call. You'll get a free text with your billing usage based on billing system records.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got the ONe X yesterday. I had the Evo 4G LTE with sprint but could barely ever get a signal anywhere I went. It was so bad I would have multiple voicemails sometimes when I walked out of my front door. Got fed up and got the One X yesterday. A few questions though:

1. Does ATT offer visual voicemail?

2. Is there a way to get the HTC flashlight from the HTC hub? Had it on the evo lte and it is the best flashlight app to me.

3. Is there an app that will let me view my data usage? I know verizon has one on their phones

Thanks to anyone that can help me out with any of these questions

Vvm is free and simple. I like it.

Lots of flashlight apps in market. Mine came with me rom tho

You can view it in your settings

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
For the data usage, I use MyAT&T, but it unfortunately doesn't have a widget like MyVerizon.

As for flashlights, I prefer Tiny Flashlight + LED. It even comes with a nice little widget you can use.

Don't know about Visual Voicemail. I haven't used it, but if it's free as others have said, I may have to check it out.

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Welcome!

1) You can find AT&T's free Visual Voicemail in the Play Store here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.att.mobile.android.vvm&token=kEQcvWYX

2) I uploaded the stock HTC Flashlight in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1802309

3) The One X also has a built-in data usage monitor under Settings / More.

*You may want to change the recent apps button behavior under the Settings / Display menu to let you get access to some apps menu functions. I set mine to press for menu/hold for recent apps.

Sent from my HTC One X

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Search xda forums for official HTC flashlight apk for un rooted phones, download and install

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ba4g

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Tempting..I saw the One X just yesterday at BB and thought it was supper sweet form factor ! Plus everyone around here loves it it seems. Have fun !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non