Touchscreen Issues

deano1986

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have noticed on my OneX this week that the touch screen doesnt seem to be responding as well as it should, i.e. when unlocking the phone by dragging the ring it doesnt move, or typing in a text some letters are missed.

Also, I have noticed when it is charging, the phone will unlock itself, navigate round the menu by itself and if i try and type a message theres no point as it will press letters by itself too, my old Desire used to do this, but I never bothered as I put it down to the phone being old.

anybody else have this issue?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
It could be a bad touch screen, or
you may have some rogue app that is keeping your processor really busy.

Have you taken a look at what software you might have running on that phone? Have you installed anything from non-market sources?

If you can't find any software issues, take it back, and get it replaced.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I would concur that there is an app that is hogging too much phone time, causing the stutter. More likely than a bad touch screen, especially if the phone has not always done it. For fun, disable GPS for a while and see if it stops.

EDIT- On a sidenote regarding your keyboard issue. As much as I liked the HTC Trace keyboard at first, both my wife and I found ourselves correcting A LOT, and it is not good at correcting. Its too bad, as the feel of the haptic was actually nice where I usually turn that off, and the keys were decent size and look. But you can type much more efficiently with another keyboard. We are back on Swype beta here, and back to normal. Should have done it sooner, as the correction times seemed to sneak up on us.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
hold down the home button and see what apps are running and it very well could be a digitizer issue get a digitizer app off the play store and see what it says

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
hold down the home button and see what apps are running and it very well could be a digitizer issue get a digitizer app off the play store and see what it says

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

Hold down the home button doesn't do that, and neither does holding down the recent apps button.

You have to go to Settings / apps / running to see what is running, and don't forget to check the cached processes.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch