Quick question about the installed memory!

dukeblue91

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a quick question that has been bugging me for a little bit now.

I know that the At&t HOX comes with 1 Gig of memory on the device and the " About " menu shows that too but some of my other utility apps show that it comes with far less, am I missing something?

Two different apps show it to have about 775mb instead the 1024mb it should have.
I'll attach two screen shots to show you what I mean.

Thanks,
Dukeblue91

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a quick question that has been bugging me for a little bit now.

I know that the At&t HOX comes with 1 Gig of memory on the device and the " About " menu shows that too but some of my other utility apps show that it comes with far less, am I missing something?

Two different apps show it to have about 775mb instead the 1024mb it should have.
I'll attach two screen shots to show you what I mean.

Thanks,
Dukeblue91

1Gig to them,isnt a gig to us lol. My old phone has "one gig of memory" to be persise,860MB. :p

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
ada0f2de-befb-e972.jpg

My international version shows this.
Is this the difference between the LTE version that causes this perhaps?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

dukeblue91

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I know they do that with HD capacity you know 1gig is 1024mb and they usually trim it down to 1gig is 1000mb but I never had seen that in Ram.
But even then 775mb makes no sense to me at all it's like only 3/4 of the original amount.
I really wonder if the system keeps 1/4 ram as untouchable.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Now that is strange, I don't see where Lte would have anything to do with that.

But I do remember some discussion about this when the at&t version first came out. It seems to me Jerry mentioned I in s blog post.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
But if that's true, shouldn't the about screen be changed to say 775mb instead on 1gb?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
The amount of ram is physically the same but the dual core processor version with LTE radios chews up more of the ram for radio drivers.

dukeblue91

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
The amount of ram is physically the same but the dual core processor version with LTE radios chews up more of the ram for radio drivers.

This may be true but the physical ram shows up as 775mb and not 1gb.
It looks like that it isn't having the full 1 gb.
I wonder if there is a issue on the apps in the way they are reporting the physical ram but I have used 5 different apps to see and they all reporting it as having only 3/4 of what HTC says is in the HOX.

I really would like to have others in the US try and see what their system reports.