HTC One X stuck ringing sometimes when I get a call

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes when I get a call while the phone is locked it is stuck on the accept/decline screen. While its stuck the screen is unresponsive and the ringtone will not stop playing. I have to do a force shutdown with the power button to get it to stop. This has happened with 2 different htc one x's. Is this a known issue?

anon(961671)

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you added any apps that change cpu settings? Sometimes these apps will make the phone more unresponsive instead of speeding it up.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
This is the list of apps I have installed.

Apps
Text plus
Meet me
Yahoo
Ebay
Photobucket
Battery hd
SwiftKey
Becu
Chase
Craigslist
Flashlight
Weather channel

anon(961671)

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Is the battery app set to save power when screen is off? Try setting it to default or off. It may be the screen is trying to wake up and causing the delay.

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Is the battery app set to save power when screen is off? Try setting it to default or off. It may be the screen is trying to wake up and causing the delay.

No I have it at default. I just looked in the app and I didn't see any settings for power saving within the app.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen once, after I just got the phone. I think some part of Sense crashes and then the touch screen can't be used.
I don't think it's a problem with an app.

You should probably go through the bloatware on the phone and disable what you don't need, just so the processor isn't dealing with those apps.

Also you should not run a task killer even if your carrier installed one. (There ate a lot of idiots that work at cell stores that arbitrarily install these without even asking).

Mine only occurred once. At the time I blamed it on bluetooth earpiece, but I am not sure that had anything to do with it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a task killer installed so that's good. :) Is there a way to disable the pre installed apps? I just see the option of force stop and uninstall updates. Thanks.

anon(961671)

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the free version too. Something to check. In settings/developer options/background process limit, what is it set to? Mine is on standard limit. If it is set to anything else it will limit the number of processes running. Have a look there.

---------- Post Merged at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:49 AM ----------

I'm using root uninstaller pro which allows me to disable and even delete bloatware. However, you need to have a rooted phone for this to work.

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the free version too. Something to check. In settings/developer options/background process limit, what is it set to? Mine is on standard limit. If it is set to anything else it will limit the number of processes running. Have a look there.

---------- Post Merged at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:49 AM ----------

I'm using root uninstaller pro which allows me to disable and even delete bloatware. However, you need to have a rooted phone for this to work.

That option is set to standard on mine as well.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Everything in developer options should be unchecked.

You might look into using the standard mail app (or k-9) instead of that miserable Yahoo app., other than that I don't see anything wrong with the list of apps.

There is a task manager that comes with the phone for the international version, I don't know if it is there on the att version.

I shut that off too.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh that's just yahoo messenger. I use the default mail app for mail. Everything in developer options is now unchecked. The only thing that was checked was for animations. I unchecked that.