HTC One X + for AT&T multi-tasking issues....

smartvoyager

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I juts purchased an AT&T One X+ yesterday and I am afraid I am going to have to return the unit. It has multi-tasking issues. I was jogging this morning while running 2 different apps. One was a couch to 5k and the other was runkeeper. Both were running in the background and had icons on the status bar. I was able to flip between them without issue just before I started to run. The couch to 5k app was playing a music playlist. About 15 minutes into the run, my music stopped playing. I jogged on for a minute waiting for the next track to start. I then looked at my phone and saw the couch to 5k app icon was no longer in the staus bar. I went to the multi-tasking interface (right button) and selected couch to 5k. It reloaded the app and it was like I was not even using just 2 minutes earlier.

I thought this was fixed on the new phone but it is not. I love the phone. The feel of the device is amazing, the screen is to die for. Beats audio rocks. I love this phone but I cannot believe they still have this screwed up.

I don't want to root it for security reasons, plus my work won't allow rooted devices on their network.

This is a shame.

Thanks for reading.

JS

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, after I increased the background processes, I didn't have any issues at all... That being said, I still rooted and put jelly bean on my phone two months later... "Problem" no longer in discussion with stock android

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Increasing background processes is NEVER necessary. Its in developers settings right?
NOTHING in there should be turned on Nothing! Unless you are a developer.

Its just as likely that he ran into a EDGE area, and lost his data connection for music streaming. Couch has several bugs, and one of them is dropouts when other sounds get triggered. Settings for background data can also affect that.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Increasing background processes is NEVER necessary. Its in developers settings right?
NOTHING in there should be turned on Nothing! Unless you are a developer.

Its just as likely that he ran into a EDGE area, and lost his data connection for music streaming. Couch has several bugs, and one of them is dropouts when other sounds get triggered. Settings for background data can also affect that.

"Developer settings" just means please don't touch this if you don't have any clue what you're doing. There are a lot of apps out there that REQUIRE changes to dev setting options like usb debugging.

Never say never, man.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

smartvoyager

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I was not streaming any music. It was local to the device (64GB FTW!). My runkeeper never lost a data connection as it was able to map my entire run without a hitch. Any sign that couch to 5k was running was completely gone. It was if I had never launched it. While it was running it had an icon in the statusbar.

Bizzle above said he did this and had no issues but is running a rooted JB ROM. I assume he does not have the One X+ and has the old One X. I am just wondering is the problem has "recurred" in their new ROM for the One X+.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I was not streaming any music. It was local to the device (64GB FTW!). My runkeeper never lost a data connection as it was able to map my entire run without a hitch. Any sign that couch to 5k was running was completely gone. It was if I had never launched it. While it was running it had an icon in the statusbar.

Bizzle above said he did this and had no issues but is running a rooted JB ROM. I assume he does not have the One X+ and has the old One X. I am just wondering is the problem has "recurred" in their new ROM for the One X+.

I had stated that I had changed the settings, then didn't have a problem.. THEN two months later I rooted and rom'd..

Yes, the one x and one x + have the same multi tasking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress