HTC ONE X screen unglued issue

dogz12345

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

Does anybody have the same issue? You can see the video:

HTC ONE X SCREEN GLASS ISSUE, PROBLEM - YouTube

This is my second HTC One X with the same issue. Glass got unglued on the bottom left corner. Now it pops everytime I press it. They replaced the first one but I got the same problem on the second one. Is this just my bad luck or many of you have the same issue? What did you do?
I don't wan't to wait for a month to get it repaired. Do you think I can repair it by myself?

I'm using the European version.

Thank you for your help. I really like HOX, but this problem really makes me angry.

arvu2k

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Can't provide any help on how to fix but i'm on AT&T OneX and i definitely don't have this issue.
Probably, you should contact HTC about it and they could give you a better replacement.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine used to do that on the top right and left corners, albeit not as severe as yours. Found a thread on XDA where they let the phone heat up a bit (through normal use), then they applied moderate pressure (not hard enough to crack your screen) with their finger for about two minutes. I tried that, and my screen hasn't come up since. It may rise a few more times, but the key is to be persistent.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Yea the glue is heat sensitive if you Leo a lot of gaming it will eventually heat up. But thats scary :/

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Baz Scotland

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue on my second Hox, sent it back for the third time and it was replaced with a unbranded handset HTC__001 :D and everything has been sweet with it for 4-5 month :) if there's something wrong with it I'd return it rather than repairing it myself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ro0ter

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Yup, just got my One X+ ungluing yesterday afternoon... Dropped it face-down on floor tiles from 1m height.

As I have a silicon case which is also 1mm above the screen, screen did not cracked, but rather the inertia force helped it unglue since it`s the heaviest part of the phone. I have tried the heating-pressing technique with no luck. Since this doesn`t work, it must be some double-sided-adhesive-sponge, the sponge tearing in the middle leaving glue + sponge on each side of the assembly.

I`ll just fix it myself with double layer of black double-adhesive tar-like tape, but I will require about 1-2 hours..... darn HTC.....

I no longer believe HTC makes good products.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel