Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep!

55 73.33%
  • Nu-uh! I need more help!

20 26.67%
Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Default Re: AT&T One X Root, Boot unlock, S-off on the Jellybean 3.18 OTA Update

Are reboots and data connection drops a result in flashing a custom Rom with s on or is that a Rom specific bug. I know that this question veers away from topic but if i can flash a custom Rom with sense 5 without at least data drops I can manage it.

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app
    Ability is what you are capable of doing,
    Motivation determines what you do,
    Attitude determines how well you do it.
    Confucious
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #477  

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

Quote Originally Posted by arze176 View Post
    There isn't an error right now I did the last step
    Without parenthesis
    (adb shell su -c"/data/local/tmp/soffbin3")
    And I didn't get superuser prompt on phone screen
    Cmd prompt returned the request as if I asked for root permission in adb
    Root@android#
    And cannot complete any additional prompts in the cmd line.
    I rebooted bootloader to check security status. And. S on is what I seen.
    I think I'm sol and cannot obtain soff
    I don't get what your problem is then. The last line is suppose to commence a superuser pop up.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #478  

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: AT&T One X Root, Boot unlock, S-off on the Jellybean 3.18 OTA Update

Are reboots and data connection drops a result in flashing a custom Rom with s on or is that a Rom specific bug. I know that this question veers away from topic but if i can flash a custom Rom with sense 5 without at least data drops I can manage it.

I'm not sure what it is that reduces your signal. I get signal drops sometimes with different roms
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

Thank You!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #480  

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by greggerlbca View Post
    Thank You!
    Did you use the toolkit? If you did, you are absolutely welcome and I appreciate the feedback for my hard work : )

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Did you use the toolkit? If you did, you are absolutely welcome and I appreciate the feedback for my hard work : )
    I used toolkit but when I did nandroid backup I had superuser so it's natural that I do t get dialogue.
    I'm probably going to have to reset everything and start from square one.
    I appreciate your help. And if you need anything let me know. I will help if I can
    Thank you.

Confucious
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #482  

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

I used toolkit but when I did nandroid backup I had superuser so it's natural that I do t get dialogue.
    I'm probably going to have to reset everything and start from square one.
    I appreciate your help. And if you need anything let me know. I will help if I can
    Thank you.

You are required to have superuser lol. You are suppose to grant the file it's pushing superuser permission.

You are required to have superuser lol. You are suppose to grant the file it's pushing superuser permission.
    I know but what I'm saying is how am I supposed to grant su access if I already have it. Defeats the purpose. Lol. That's why I say only option is to relock bootloader and restore cid if I can and start from scratch. But no dice from my standing point. I know it's probably human error on my part. I just have to continue with s on or restore completely.
    Your doin an excellent job and o appreciate your help but that's the process of elimination so yeah...lol

Confucious
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #484  

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

I know but what I'm saying is how am I supposed to grant su access if I already have it. Defeats the purpose. Lol. That's why I say only option is to relock bootloader and restore cid if I can and start from scratch. But no dice from my standing point. I know it's probably human error on my part. I just have to continue with s on or restore completely.
    Your doin an excellent job and o appreciate your help but that's the process of elimination so yeah...lol

I think you have a misunderstanding on superuser access. You have to grant superuser access to ANYTHING that wants superuser access unless you have the app set to always grant any permissions. So you have to do it manually.

I think you have a misunderstanding on superuser access. You have to grant superuser access to ANYTHING that wants superuser access unless you have the app set to always grant any permissions. So you have to do it manually.
    This is what I'm getting. Idk if you can see but. I got error 99 unknown error

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UXToolkit HTC One XL (AT&T)-1383501472417.jpg  
    Confucious
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #486  

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

This is what I'm getting. Idk if you can see but. I got error 99 unknown error

This is using the toolkit?

This is using the toolkit?
    Yes
    This is the toolkit before the updated stuff on 10/29/13
    After the last step I don't get a pop up notice to grant superuser access. The directory in cmd prompt changes
    Root@android:#
    And is unresponsive to any further input

Confucious
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #488  

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

v1.0.1 of the toolkit is out!

Maybe I should download newest one and try with that one.
    This is a learning process for me.
    This is my second HTC device
    All other experiences were with galaxy s2 and I mastered every aspect of modding that phone. Lol. I will be patient and consider it as human error on my part. I will get it. I couldn't have gotten this far without your help.
    Keep up the good work.

Confucious

I do need to update my version of twrp though. I will redownload and let you know how it goes

Confucious
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #491  

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

I do need to update my version of twrp though. I will redownload and let you know how it goes

Ah you can use the toolkit since it comes with the latest version of TWRP

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I should download newest one and try with that one.
    This is a learning process for me.
    This is my second HTC device
    All other experiences were with galaxy s2 and I mastered every aspect of modding that phone. Lol. I will be patient and consider it as human error on my part. I will get it. I couldn't have gotten this far without your help.
    Keep up the good work.

Thanks, I got things for you to try but, they require some manual work if you are up for it.

Ah you can use the toolkit since it comes with the latest version of TWRP

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I got things for you to try but, they require some manual work if you are up for it.
    Always down for manual work. Lol
    I've come this far. This is the last step lol

Confucious
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #493  

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Always down for manual work. Lol
    I've come this far. This is the last step lol

Do you know how to change the directory in cmd?

"cd *directory goes here*"

Get the directory of the toolkit. it should be on your desktop.

In the folder, just click the bar up on top like you would in a browser. It should highlight the directory of the toolkit folder in blue.

copy it and then open up cmd

type cd and then paste the directory (right click then select paste) just like I stated above and press enter.

then connect your phone

Use the toolkit to boot into bootloader (click where it says boot into bootloader) and it should boot into fastboot.

then in the cmd type "fastboot devices"

it should return your phone model

if it returns this, you are good to go.

type "fastboot oem writecid 11111111"

then reboot manually or type "fastboot oem boot"

then try the s off procedure again

Do you know how to change the directory in cmd?

"cd *directory goes here*"

Get the directory of the toolkit. it should be on your desktop.

In the folder, just click the bar up on top like you would in a browser. It should highlight the directory of the toolkit folder in blue.

copy it and then open up cmd

type cd and then paste the directory (right click then select paste) just like I stated above and press enter.

then connect your phone

Use the toolkit to boot into bootloader (click where it says boot into bootloader) and it should boot into fastboot.

then in the cmd type "fastboot devices"

it should return your phone model

if it returns this, you are good to go.

type "fastboot oem writecid 11111111"

then reboot manually or type "fastboot oem boot"

then try the s off procedure again
    My cid is all 1s already super cid.
    But I will try

Confucious
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #495  

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

My cid is all 1s already super cid.
    But I will try

Just do it.- Nike

Just do it.- Nike
    The toolkit with motochopper? Or the tool folder. Directory for onex toolkit ?

Confucious
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #497  

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

My toolkit. Just open it and then get the directory.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

My toolkit. Just open it and then get the directory.

Ok downloaded and gonna try.
    Thx

Confucious
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #499  

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Ok downloaded and gonna try.
    Thx

Hey do you get any errors with the v1.0.1 toolkit?

Hey do you get any errors with the v1.0.1 toolkit?

Adb does not recognize my device. No device attached. Tried switching debugging on and off and no dice.

Confucious
Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223 ... LastLast