UXToolkit HTC One XL (AT&T)

Did this help you succeed? Just so I can understand you guys :)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T One X Root, Boot unlock, S-off on the Jellybean 3.18 OTA Update

I trucked right through step by step and successfully got the bootloader unlocked and the phone rooted. Then I got stuck on the S-Off. I tried this several times paying very close attention. I get the same errors as the above poster. I get "FAILED (remote:99 unknown failure)" instead of 92. I tried your fix above and got the same error.

I also am getting this as well: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for America/Chicago! couldn't find any tzdata when looking for America/GMT! couldn't find any tzdata when looking for posixrules!
No idea what happened. I am pleased that I have come this far. I was hoping to flash a ROM but not sure how to get past this. Thanks.

Also I'm in the process of simplifying the guide even more. If you can wait 1 or 2 more days, I should get you fixed with a much simpler way to do things. I will appreciate your patience!!

IcyD

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Hi there,

I've been following the instructions in the first post, but like the user above, I'm getting Failure 99 errors on S-Off. It'll give me the pop up for Super SU, and I'll click grant, but when the bootloader reboots, it still says S-On.

I tried your solution, but it didn't work for me. I'm not sure if I'm just trying the workaround wrong, or what. Like do you reboot the phone in the bootloader? Because that's what I'd been doing and still nada.

I see you wrote that you're working on other options. But for now, any suggestions?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Hi there,

I've been following the instructions in the first post, but like the user above, I'm getting Failure 99 errors on S-Off. It'll give me the pop up for Super SU, and I'll click grant, but when the bootloader reboots, it still says S-On.

I tried your solution, but it didn't work for me. I'm not sure if I'm just trying the workaround wrong, or what. Like do you reboot the phone in the bootloader? Because that's what I'd been doing and still nada.

I see you wrote that you're working on other options. But for now, any suggestions?

Yes I am currently try new methods to simplify and make this process as easy as possible without any trouble. I'm trying to minimize the number of steps and eventually in the process, make things easier for everyone. So I don't know if my update will work for you but as of now I believe the adb tool is the cause of problems. For now you can try these things. Make sure you have htc sync uninstalled, as this will cause conflict with any other programs using adb such as the tool. Second, make sure to typed the command right. It should be "fastboot oem writecid 11111111"

IcyD

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I'd been copying it straight from here as a second option, so pretty sure it's getting in there the right way!

It's no rush though. Mostly I'd wanted the root, which I got, and I wouldn't have got if it weren't for this guide, so I cannot thank you enough.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I'd been copying it straight from here as a second option, so pretty sure it's getting in there the right way!

It's no rush though. Mostly I'd wanted the root, which I got, and I wouldn't have got if it weren't for this guide, so I cannot thank you enough.

Im literally seconds away from posting the new method.

madcat8686

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Being patient is too easy. Take as long as you need. I'm still having fun with my rooted phone. I'll try some of your suggestions here. I did have HTC sync running and that may very well have been it. Even if I don't get S-Off, I'll still be happy with the bootloader unlock and the root. Cheers!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I have updated the guide!!! It's a little messy right now, but I will fix it later. Download the new file up top. Get rid of the minimal tools. Uninstall it. Get rid of it please.

Drag the new file to your desktop. Inside this new file, there is one called "Tools"

Take the tools folder and drag it to your desktop.

Open it.

Copy the directory to this folder. If you dont know how to, read the guide.

Go to cmd

Type "cd *the directory you copied*" and press enter.

Now try to do s-off with this prompt. There is no need for any of the other files as all the files necessary for s-off are pre loaded in the tools folder.

If you get the error 99 again. Try the "fastboot oem writecid 11111111" again using this.

Let me know if you get s-off or continue to get the error.

If you "adb is out of date" or something like that, do ctrl+alt+ delete and go to services and kill "adb.exe" and continue on.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Being patient is too easy. Take as long as you need. I'm still having fun with my rooted phone. I'll try some of your suggestions here. I did have HTC sync running and that may very well have been it. Even if I don't get S-Off, I'll still be happy with the bootloader unlock and the root. Cheers!

But you still won't have the luxury of flashing a ROM. Try it now with my updated guide

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

madcat8686

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

I uninstalled HTC sync and followed the new instructions, still no S-Off. I tried several times a few different ways (following your method first) and I noticed when I rebooted I saw this in the lines:
Device CID is super CID
CID is super CID
Backup CID is CWS__001
setting->cid::CWS__001
Any ideas? I still get: FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
I am definitely unlocked and rooted.
Thanks again wizzrah

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I uninstalled HTC sync and followed the new instructions, still no S-Off. I tried several times a few different ways (following your method first) and I noticed when I rebooted I saw this in the lines:
Device CID is super CID
CID is super CID
Backup CID is CWS__001
setting->cid::CWS__001
Any ideas? I still get: FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
I am definitely unlocked and rooted.
Thanks again wizzrah

This is the way it is suppose to be. Also make a backup right now in recovery. I'm running out of ideas, but maybe you could factory reset in recovery? And try again? Also do you think maybe I could get your email or something?

Last edited:

IcyD

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

i'll try the new options as soon as I can, after work.

What sucks is I think you *need* a custom rom on HTC One X from ATT because even though I'm rooted and used titanium backup to delete the bloatware apps, every time I restart my phone the apps appear back again when it boots up. It's frustrating. <_<

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

i'll try the new options as soon as I can, after work.

What sucks is I think you *need* a custom rom on HTC One X from ATT because even though I'm rooted and used titanium backup to delete the bloatware apps, every time I restart my phone the apps appear back again when it boots up. It's frustrating. <_<

Yeah that's the downside.

madcat8686

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

ok. I'm good now. I don't think you are going to like my fix. I wiped the rom, cache, dalvik, etc. basically a factory reset. I put a rom on the SD card (I made a rom folder for this). I installed the rom with TWRP. I got back to the bootloader and flashed the kernal (fastboot install). The rom booted up just fine and I basically continued following your process from the beginning. I am now S-Off. Thank you very much indeed. I suppose there may be an easier fix for the 99 thing (I got a code 90 this time but it still worked.) Anyway, THANKS AGAIN!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

ok. I'm good now. I don't think you are going to like my fix. I wiped the rom, cache, dalvik, etc. basically a factory reset. I put a rom on the SD card (I made a rom folder for this). I installed the rom with TWRP. I got back to the bootloader and flashed the kernal (fastboot install). The rom booted up just fine and I basically continued following your process from the beginning. I am now S-Off. Thank you very much indeed. I suppose there may be an easier fix for the 99 thing (I got a code 90 this time but it still worked.) Anyway, THANKS AGAIN!

No problem. Happy flashing!

Mark Decker

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

i did the steps until i logged in and got the long list of numbers. i didnt know how to copy and i abanded it. what do i need to do now?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

i did the steps until i logged in and got the long list of numbers. i didnt know how to copy and i abanded it. what do i need to do now?

Right click and select mark. High light the necessary things. Then hit enter. This is how you copy in cmd.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Is this compatible with the one X+?

If you read it, it is for the Evita one xl. So unfortunately no. Don't try this on the one x+

Status
Not open for further replies.