Best place to get the HTC one for Sprint.

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
For the past couple of days I've been searching through the forums with a fine tooth comb to try and see which is the better vendor to get the HTC One for Sprint. I am going to be getting an upgrade so with Sprint for another 2 years and I wont be the one shelling out the money, and from what I have read on the forums these are benefits of each Vendor.

Wirefly: Cheap around 120-150 for an upgrade with free shipping

Newegg: Today 4/8 it is on sale for 130 with Free Shipping

Sprint: No Benefits at all except that I may get my phone a day sooner than the 19th. I would also assume that they still may have some in stock for me to Preorder it if I do choose to.

Radio Shack: The deal is get the phone for 200, plus get 10 bucks off and a $50 Google play gift card. (Though this is still up in the air, since some have confirmed while others state otherwise)

Best Buy: Nothing special besides possibly getting their insurance which from what has been posted is way better than Sprint's TEP.

I am just looking to see if anyone who is in a similar boat, what their choice was and why. I never dealt with BB, Wirefly, nor Newegg with getting a phone so I do not know what a shopping experience with them entails. I do not when I would get the phone if I bought it through one of the online retailers. And sure I would love a black version but since we haven't heard from HTC about when we may see some stateside, I am not going to wait around while running a dysfunctional HTC Evo 3D, and am looking to get a new phone shortly.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I would be leary of online 3rd party vendors as they have different terms and conditions. I personally use BB. If you signed up for phone freedom you would have a $50 credit and their insurance is much much better.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
For $119, I had to give Wirefly a try...
It is my first time not going through Sprint but I think the price is amazing and worth some headache if there are any, so far so good...
I refuse to pay more tax. BB and RS charge tax on full retail price. Spring does not, nor did Wirefly. I don't think a $50 Play card is worth the extra tax they charge, however I couldn't find that deal at any of my local RSs.
So I'm just waiting with the rest of you for next week!!!

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
For $119, I had to give Wirefly a try...
It is my first time not going through Sprint but I think the price is amazing and worth some headache if there are any, so far so good...
I refuse to pay more tax. BB and RS charge tax on full retail price. Spring does not, nor did Wirefly. I don't think a $50 Play card is worth the extra tax they charge, however I couldn't find that deal at any of my local RSs.
So I'm just waiting with the rest of you for next week!!!

It must be different in different states or something, because I pre-ordered using my discount on Friday and was charged tax on the $200 only. I ordered online and am having it shipped to me in Denver.

pmp6nl

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Becareful with Newegg.. you are not actually buying from them. At the bottom of their page:
This site is owned and operated by Simplexity, LLC and not Newegg Inc. You hereby acknowledge that your purchase of products is from Simplexity, LLC and any subscription for services is from the identified carrier. You acknowledge that you are not purchasing such products or services from Newegg Inc, that Newegg Inc has no liability to you in regard to such products or services, and that Newegg is not responsible for resolving any issues regarding such. Any submission of information by you is governed by the privacy policy of Simplexity, LLC and not that of Newegg Inc.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It must be different in different states or something, because I pre-ordered using my discount on Friday and was charged tax on the $200 only. I ordered online and am having it shipped to me in Denver.
It is. California requires sales tax to be paid on the full retail price of an item, regardless of the discounted price. On it's face it seems unconstitutional, but what are we supposed to do here? Jerry Brown pretty much promised everyone he would raise taxes if he was elected and guess what? He got elected. So @ 8% sales tax on a $699 phone you pay roughly $56. If I pay $199 for the phone and add the $56 in tax it appears that I am paying just over 27% sales tax. That's Cali for you, but hey! At least gas is cheap here.

sprinttouch666

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
It is. California requires sales tax to be paid on the full retail price of an item, regardless of the discounted price. On it's face it seems unconstitutional, but what are we supposed to do here? Jerry Brown pretty much promised everyone he would raise taxes if he was elected and guess what? He got elected. So @ 8% sales tax on a $699 phone you pay roughly $56. If I pay $199 for the phone and add the $56 in tax it appears that I am paying just over 27% sales tax. That's Cali for you, but hey! At least gas is cheap here.

Strange, Wirefly (or Simplexity I should say) didn't charge me any tax and I am also in CA. Do they charge tax later when they charge the activation fee?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Strange, Wirefly (or Simplexity I should say) didn't charge me any tax and I am also in CA. Do they charge tax later when they charge the activation fee?
Online retailers don't charge tax in CA if they don't have a physical presence here. It's one of the reasons a lot of my friends are not ordering from Amazon as much - they now have to charge sales tax in CA because they have physical locations here. Wirefly is in VA. So is Simplexity. And despite what they say to you, they are the same company. They just have two different names.

sprinttouch666

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Online retailers don't charge tax in CA if they don't have a physical presence here. It's one of the reasons a lot of my friends are not ordering from Amazon as much - they now have to charge sales tax in CA because they have physical locations here. Wirefly is in VA. So is Simplexity. And despite what they say to you, they are the same company. They just have two different names.

Huh, okay. I realized that they were the same company, and I think they should make that more transparent to the user. Most people seem skeptical of buying from Wirefly, but they trust Newegg unconditionally, I think they would gain a lot of trust if people knew that they ran Neweggs wireless.

Guy from SU

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
For those that are buying off contract and paying full retail price, I think direct from Sprint is the best deal at $549. Anyone find it cheaper from a different source?

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So again not worrying about the price of the phone, just concerned about the extra that comes from getting it from a particular vendor, would it be wrong to say that Sprint is the best choice being that one would get their phone before the phone nationally releases

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have the 3D, and it only has a few more weeks left in it the way its is going, So not going according to PRICE of the phone nor where I can get it the cheapest, I guess I will just preorder with Sprint so I can get it thursday next week

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer