Question Legacy app problem w

trekinout

Jan 26, 2024
Visit site
I have a legacy app that has worked for years but with a recent update in Android 13 I am now getting a request for license verification. The app was free on Google Play but has been removed and the vendor no longer has a web site. It was and is still the best Hewlet Packard calculator emulation. I can still get it to work on my previous phone but transferring the APK to my new phone does not solve the problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say it's asking for license verification, does it look like a request from the app itself for a verification that you paid at some point? That would be the usual reason for this, but you also mention that the app was previously free on the Play Store. Do you know if it was free with an option to pay for a premium version, or perhaps to get rid of ads?

trekinout

Jan 26, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say it's asking for license verification, does it look like a request from the app itself for a verification that you paid at some point? That would be the usual reason for this, but you also mention that the app was previously free on the Play Store. Do you know if it was free with an option to pay for a premium version, or perhaps to get rid of ads?
To the best of my knowledge there was never a request for a pro version. The app was perfect and never had adds which is unusual. This is a very old app and this problem only started with a recent update on Abdroid 13. The error is 'Android Market could not verify the license '. There is no way to contact the developer. The version is 1.0, and the 'minSdkVersion="4"'. Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

trekinout

Jan 26, 2024
Visit site
Thinking back it is possible that I did purchase the app but it us so long ago I don't remember doing so. I have a copy of the original apk install which I am using. The calculator works fine until I hit the 5 key, and then I get the error.

trekinout

Jan 26, 2024
Visit site
The fact that the error message references the ancient "Android Market" and not the modern "Google Play Store" would suggest that the coding is extremely out of date.

You may want to try Emu48, or read through this article for others to try: https://www.androidauthority.com/best-graphing-calculator-apps-emulators-android-3071269/
Thank you for that suggestion. Tha calculator in question is an HP financial calculator using reverse polish notation. I have found a replacements at Google Play and through third party. I do have replacement which works but the older one is by far superior. I was just hoping to revive it. Again, thank you for your assistance and quick response.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter