Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has Samsung lost some of it's "power"?

I've had countless Samsung phones before and this has been my first HTC phone in awhile. Anyone think the HTC one will slow down Samsung??

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Default Re: Has Samsung lost some of it's "power"?

No. Samsung is a marketing behemoth and their fans can be as blind as Apple's.

Nothing will slow them down.
    Thanked by 3:

When I went in to ATT on Thursday to pick up the One every employee I spoke with stated they couldn't wait to get their One and that the S4 felt cheap and very much like the S2. If the employees steer prospective buyers to HTC, it may very well be a good year for them. In contrast, when the One X+ came out 95% of them didn't even know it (same store).

Nope u can't slow something down that's a good thing... All this HTC praise will end soon as s4 drops...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    BOSSY TEXAS CHICK likes this.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOODANT215 View Post
    Nope u can't slow something down that's a good thing... All this HTC praise will end soon as s4 drops...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I doubt that. The One is an absolutely legit device. Considering how positive the consensus is, that won't change.

What will change is the shift in marketing.
    Thanked by 2:

The title of this thread does not go with the first post LOL.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Samsung is good but they are way over hyped and way to many people Lost In Space on the Galaxy. I really would like to see them be more creative with their devices but looks like they are going to run the Galaxy Series into the ground. Folks will realize like most do that there are Always other options out there and I always tell my users to use what you like. So if you like Samsung that great but never be afraid to try other manufactures as well like HTC. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by ShipWreck; 04-22-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Xsie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    When I went in to ATT on Thursday to pick up the One every employee I spoke with stated they couldn't wait to get their One and that the S4 felt cheap and very much like the S2. If the employees steer prospective buyers to HTC, it may very well be a good year for them. In contrast, when the One X+ came out 95% of them didn't even know it (same store).
    What helps is HTC has a trade in program for us sellers that let us get a One for free!

It's funny how samsung users are just like apple users and are just as blind. I can never see how anyone has such an allegiance to any of these companies that don't want to do anything but take our money, track our data so they can take our money again. I can give a crap about HTC, Samsung, Google, Apple, etc.... I'm using any device whenever I like regardless of who makes it.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    Thanked by:
    patrixl, fernandez21, Xsie and 9 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    their fans can be as blind as Apple's
    Not all Samsung fans, let's not judge with a sweeping motion. If that's true, then the same could be said of fans of HTC, Sony, Porsche, BMW, New York, Captain Crunch, The Lakers, etc. etc. etc.

Most fans are blinded by their passion regardless of the situation. Some are not, and are fans of the game, not the team.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    Not all Samsung fans, let's not judge with a sweeping motion. If that's true, then the same could be said of fans of HTC, Sony, Porsche, BMW, New York, Captain Crunch, The Lakers, etc. etc. etc.

Most fans are blinded by their passion regardless of the situation. Some are not, and are fans of the game, not the team.
    Hence the words "can be," which implies potential/ability, instead of using "are." At least that's what I meant by using those words.
    lpt2569 likes this.

Hence the words "can be," which implies potential/ability, instead of using "are." At least that's what I meant by using those words.
    I know. Just busting chops.

Sent from my SCH-I605
    dmmarck likes this.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Samsung is going to ship more phones than ever before.

If anything I see them extending their dominance in Android even further this year. Which will hurt the Android ecosystem as there will be less competition and choice.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    You can always achieve your goal by lowering your expectations.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

I know. Just busting chops.

Sent from my SCH-I605
    lol my apologies. I have quick bursts to post, so alas.
    lpt2569 likes this.

lol my apologies. I have quick bursts to post, so alas.
    I'm just glad to see you back to posting again!

Sent from my SCH-I605
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

I'm just glad to see you back to posting again!

Sent from my SCH-I605
    Thanks!

I have something to evangelize .
    lpt2569 likes this.

By no means is The HTC One going to take down Samsung.. But honestly i do think it iwll be making a noticeable impact, even if its just a start. If HTC can pull out the stops next year if the One does well enough thats when there will be some significant loss if samsung doesnt change. Honestly the One will be a hit. I just went in to see my buddies at my old job and they all were excited about the S4 and i went and showed them the One because they were interested in it too and now i have like 5 people that i know that are going out to buy the One this week.

Moral of the story is, The One is very powerful and beautiful to look at! When i was out friday saturday night i couldnt tell you how many compliments i got from people telling me how cool my phone was and that they want one!

Moral number two, i should clearly be a sales person
    Sent from Jupiter... Yes Jupiter

Like others have said before, Samsung is huge, can market like crazy, has great representation at places like BB etc. This S4 will be huge just like the S3 was. Probably moreso.

The one had a nice little head start and will do just fine, but it soon will probably be put out to pasture soon after S4 hits the streets and the next iphone hits the streets this summer (?)

The One is a decent enough phone, but odds are it will be quickly forgotten in this giant wave of upcoming phones.
    madlaw1071 and satannik like this.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post
    Like others have said before, Samsung is huge, can market like crazy, has great representation at places like BB etc. This S4 will be huge just like the S3 was. Probably moreso.

The one had a nice little head start and will do just fine, but it soon will probably be put out to pasture soon after S4 hits the streets and the next iphone hits the streets this summer (?)

The One is a decent enough phone, but odds are it will be quickly forgotten in this giant wave of upcoming phones.
    Which is shame, because it has nothing to do with the phone and everything to do with marketing.

From some postings I've seen as of late, I get the feeling that HTC isn't as polished as say Samsung Galaxy brand phones or iPhones. Their QA seems a bit lax based on some folks complaints here about screens not fit right, speakers not being made right, easily scratched back covers etc. Plus isn't HTC as a company struggling quite a bit now as well?

I pretty much trust that Samsung and Apple have pretty much perfected the quality control of their phones somewhat better than HTC. Perhaps HTC was in such a rush to "be first" so they could snag as much $$ as they could, they let some poorly made units slip through to consumers?

Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post

See, I don't think it will. There's something very different about the buzz and hype around the one, especially compared to the one X. Even though it won't take apple or Samsung down, I do think it will be the hit that htc needs right now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    ksavaiano likes this.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    See, I don't think it will. There's something very different about the buzz and hype around the one, especially compared to the one X. Even though it won't take apple or Samsung down, I do think it will be the hit that htc needs right now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    HTC went YOLO all over it, and we--Android and phone geeks--are all the better for it.
    MERCDROID likes this.

I don't think so. When I was purchasing my htc one at best buy yesterday, the salesman told some customers who were asking about the s4 that he wasn't that impressed with the s4 and they should consider the one. They said that they had to have the s4 and walked away. Also look at Sprint per-ordering. Sprint is charging their customers an extra $50 for the s4 and the pre-orders were sold out by last Friday. You also have to consider the marketing effort that Samsung puts behind their products.

If the one is a big success and htc comes out with another great success (the htc2?), and lg comes out with good news phones, (Optimus g pro or g2?) and apple and blackberry's new phones are successes, then we might see Samsung lose some ground.

We have seen the rise of Samsung and I don't see the immediate fall of Samsung.
    ksavaiano likes this.

No. Samsung is a marketing behemoth and their fans can be as blind as Apple's.

Nothing will slow them down.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    It's funny how samsung users are just like apple users and are just as blind. I can never see how anyone has such an allegiance to any of these companies that don't want to do anything but take our money, track our data so they can take our money again. I can give a crap about HTC, Samsung, Google, Apple, etc.... I'm using any device whenever I like regardless of who makes it.
    There's plenty of people in the same boat with htc and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. The galaxy series didn't get to where it is by being a horribly inferior device like people want to pretend it is, and htc didn't get into it's current predicament by being awesome.

The one won't significantly impact s4 sales but I think it's a really important device. I think it will bring htc back to relevance (or at least go a long way towards doing so) and for better or worse I think it will impact the design of future galaxy phones. There's already rumors of an aluminum case on the next note (could be interesting).

Agreed people shouldn't be ignorant and zoned into only one manufacturer, however there's a lot of snobiness right now from the htc camp.

Sent from my Note 2
    LeoRex likes this.

AT&T, sprint and tmobile all just bumped up the release date for the S4 by a few days. Either Sammy is nervous about the One or they are simply looking to crush HTC. I think the latter but time will tell.
    Thanked by:
    sergeantandroid likes this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast